YES!!! I'm 18!!!

Siege85

Veteran X
I R Adult now. :D. Well... in Canada I am. I think in America you have to be 21 in most places. Hehehehe, suckers. What do I do?!?!?!

peculiar isn't it? old enough to be drafted into the military and handle million dollar equipment and kill other people... but not drink.

invar said:
peculiar isn't it? old enough to be drafted into the military and handle million dollar equipment and kill other people... but not drink.

join the army and you can drink...on base only I think, not too sure on that tho.

invar said:

your whole thought process is based on one very simple mistruth.

that drinking,or being able to drink, actually Means something

right and you don't see the irony in that? responsible enough to handle guns, killing and expensive machinery, entrusted with the lives of your fellow soldiers, expected to follow and obey orders from commanding officers. but not drink responsibly.

it's about responsibility.

btw, don't preach to me about drinking responsibly, you're preaching to the wrong person. i drank less in my 4 years at college than most people drank in a month there.

btw, happy birthday siege :birthday:

hrmm... handeling guns while being sober != the same as handeling guns while shitfaced.

i see your irony, but my point is people take drinking as much more than it really is. just getting shitfaced so you don't have to worry about problems.

people always see turning 21 as some sort of commencement, it's not. if anything it signifies that you have 1 less restriction from the governement on you.

the only age i would see as some sorta commencement, was when you turned old enough to drive. That is a major change

well i feel that people learn to be resposible around things by being around the thing all the time.

if you're not allowed to be around alcohol because of a simple law made by our government, then you're not going to learn to be responsible with it during that period. and just because you turn 21 doesn't make you automagically responsible with it. you're right, 21 isn't a special age. which is precisely my argument for why setting the age at 21 for legalized drinking has no basis.

i see your point invar, and you're right. but i would rather see it abolished, instead of lowered (will never happen but hey, i can dream). i wonder what this world would be like if there were no mind altering substances other than those stricly policed by the medical society.

right, i think it should be abolished as well. naturally, restrictions that kept it out of certain places (school, for example) would still be in place.

:huh:

i don't understand, maby you don't know what abolished really means

abolished
a·bol·ish
To do away with; annul.
To destroy completely.

if you knew what it ment, then what did you mean with your last post about the restrictions stuff?

killerbelow said:
i see your point invar, and you're right. but i would rather see it abolished, instead of lowered (will never happen but hey, i can dream). i wonder what this world would be like if there were no mind altering substances other than those stricly policed by the medical society.
That didn't go over so well last time....
And I think iNVAR thought you meant abolishing the age restriction on it (like almost every european country), which I do agree with.

Back