Those of you with good systems and a gf4 ti 4200

Tahnit

Veteran XV
im doing an upgrade to an nforce2 mobo. an athlon xp 2400 (2 gigs) and 512 megs of pc2700 drr memory

how good do games run on a gf4 ti 4200 64 meg with a system like this? ut2003, t2, asheronscall 2, and other games..does the card run ok with this system

no it's terrible

might as well ctrl + k and give all your computer hardware away

:rolleyes:

the nforce 2 board is better with 2 sticks instead of one.

faster, uses more bandwidth versus just one slot

ive just heard some things saying that the 4200 will be my bottleneck..and that it wont perform as well as i thought.

your bottle neck is going to be your hard drive.

hard drive technology is kinda laggin, but they're catching up.
nothing out there uses the full potential of your graphics card, i wouldn't worry about that, look more towards your HD's

I upgraded from a GF2 Pro 64meg card to a GF4 4200 128meg card. On a P4 1.7ghz I wasn't blown away by any huge performance increase, thankfully the brand of 4200 I got can be heavly overclocked.

Wraith said:
he didnt even say what kind of hd he had
I think it's pretty safe to assume that he isn't using a 15K U320 SCSI drive or a solid state drive.

So Moker's comment was pretty much on the money. Hard drives suck.

You will be able to run smoothly most programs out there with comfortable resolution, AA and texture quality settings.

Feel special, I'm still running games @1024x768 with all details on low and now AA/AF to be heard of. Oh, and the framerates in those games SUCK. I ought to stick to 800x600 but the pixelation would give me seizures.

Kurayami said:
So Moker's comment was pretty much on the money. Hard drives suck.

omg

Thud.gif

you mean...i was right? :clap: :clap:

Back