Hit it or not ?

Yankee

Veteran XX
vert.athina.jpg

oh, here's a little more info

Athina Roussel picked up an estimated $2.7 billion in cash, homes, companies, art, shares, a private jet and the Greek Ionian island of Skorpios when she celebrated her 18th birthday on Wednesday.

She gets another 2 billion when she turns 21 and more shit on top of that.

Bring that money home to daddy. :D

Yankee said:
oh, here's a little more info

Athina Roussel picked up an estimated $2.7 billion in cash, homes, companies, art, shares, a private jet and the Greek Ionian island of Skorpios when she celebrated her 18th birthday on Wednesday.

and i said i'd hit BEFORE you said she was rich.

damn, i'm good.

How much beer can 2.7 billion buy? Is it enough to have beer goggles for the rest of my life? If so :hitit: and marry it and then :hitit2: the swedish maids!

That is the Onassis girl I assume? Fuck I hate that shit. I know it sounds bitter but it sucks. Why are some people born rich and never have to know what its like to struggle and be hungry or to whore yourself to a company for 8 hours a day. From birth to death they never want. I dont accept the arguement that money can't buy happiness or that 'oh, I am sure she has problems in her life also' bullshit. With money like that, any problems I may have just wouldn't seem so bad I am sure. I know this only because I have more money now than I ever have and I am happier now than I ever have been thus with even more money I would be even more happier....

Oh, and I would hit it if she paid me.

Last edited:
Weird.

I have almost no money now, and I am the 2nd happiest I have ever been in my entire life (1st being when I was like 5 years old; that rocked).

Seriously, I am poor (although I can earn a lot of money quickly, either as a translator or a programmer), and I have such a great time. I don't have TROUBLES, I think that's the key; mostly the money that I do have I give away or spend very rapidly. I go on vacations to other countries, I do tons of volunteer work, I just generally have a blast. I'm 19 now, and I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

I am going to see how long I can keep up this happy-go-lucky, fuck-the-world, carefree life. If I get married, it will be to a chick that either A) is independently wealthy, or B) really likes Ramen noodles, because I am not giving up my freedom to have as much time off as I feel like. :) Do you know how much vacation $2000 will buy in Ecuador? We're talking a YEAR of backpacking, hiking, exploring, eating, sleeping, fucking around etc.

Money is USEFUL, but it doesn't bring ANY happiness in and of itself. It can remove obstacles to happiness, like crippling, frustrating debt . . . but having money doesn't make you happy.

mr_luc said:
Money is USEFUL, but it doesn't bring ANY happiness in and of itself. It can remove obstacles to happiness, like crippling, frustrating debt . . . but having money doesn't make you happy.

See I was the same way. Happy care free, never thought I would be doing what I do now. I went to college broke but happy, went to Europe and South America after working in a dishroom for years (but still happy cause I was care free).

Soon as I got older and got married it all ended. I started to think about my future as well as my present. I started wanting some things that cost a lot like a house, a car, etc...I started feeling like crap being 25, a college grad but still no direction. I got a job and started making good money and started being able to afford a lot of those thing I wanted with 8 hour a day working world drudgery. I get 2 days off each week and 3 weeks vacation that I try to make the most of.

Now that I think of it, I am not happier than I have ever been, just more stable and well off but I dont think I could ever be happy and feel good about myself again if I were to go back to being dirt poor but I could see myself being far more happy if I didn't have to work 8 hours a day.

See, the difference between you, me, and her is that you are care free and happy but you are poor, whether you decide that you dont want to be poor anymore is up to you but a million dollars buys a lot of vacation and travel. I am less happy but well off, not rich but my lesser happiness is caused by the need to constantly earn and work.

With her, she never has to work, she never has to be poor but she can travel to where ever she wants, buy what she wants, etc...IMO, if she is not happy, then for one it is something other than survival and a job bringing her down. Some emotional problems that the rich must deal with. Though I am not rich, I can see now that the people who told me money wasnt so important, or that it cant buy happiness where people who had to tell themselves that because they weren't rich and that they lied to me...money is one of the most important things in life and the more you have, the better quality of life you CAN have. Even more so if you never had to earn it, just spend it.

Back