Trojan Horse Virus

Core

Veteran XV
I keep getting a Norton warning telling me "Norton Antivirus has detected the Trojan Horse Virus in:

c:\winnt\system32\explore.EXE and in c:\winnt\system32\v32driver.bat

It also says access was denied to each file and that it was unable to repair the files.

I have a current virus definition and scannning my system with Norton anti-virus tells me no viruses were detected.

What should I do?

edit: i can find neither of these files on my hard drive.

Last edited:
The Trojan TROJ_FLOOD.BI.DR drops a backdoor package that includes the batch files SECURE.BAT and V32DRIVER.BAT. These batch files are detected as this malware.

SECURE.BAT disables the sharing of drives C, D, E, and F. It also removes administrative sharing and stops certain running services.

V32DRIVER.BAT connects to a remote target machine, where it copies and executes the file, STDE9.EXE, a component of TROJ_FLOOD.BI.DR.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=BAT_ZCREW.A

Make sure your Norton is set to SCAN ALL FILES, not just the default files. Update, scan again. Also, make sure that your system is set to NOT hide system files or extensions.

Thank you sir. I had "show all files" enabled in explorer, but not "Scan all files" in Norton. So I enabled "scan all files" and guess what? Norton found NO VIRUSES. So I used the free scan on Trend Micro's site and it found 4 infected files relating to that trojan. WTF is up with that?

I personally don't like norton, but some viruses disable and cripple Norton/McAffee by design

norton home just like mcafee anything, is a freaking joke

get norton corp

Back