confused...was i ripped off?

cancer

Veteran XX
i just got back from ralphs b/c we don't have anymore coke. the sign says, 3 12packs for 9.99 and tax. i had a 10 in my pocket so i grabbed 4 quarters out of the car and went back inside. i figured, 10 dollars, roughly under 10% for tax(8.25% i think in CA..maybe it changed), it'll be under 11 dollars.

WRONG.
i had to pay 11.79. i ran out to my car again, brought in exact change. the bitch (i don't really mean it, but after reading the ladder theory, all women are bitchez ^_^) didn't even give me my paper bag or anything. neither did the faggit paper boy staring at me when i was paying the rest in coins. she just said "take it and leave" i was like wtf. i looked at the receipt.
they charged 14.97 for the coke, some additional .90 for CA redemption valunp...whatever the fuck that means. then tax was 1.31...
then they subtract 4.98 to bring it coke price down to 9.99...then it says tax .90 again? then total is 11.79
this is the receipt

coke-------------14.97
CA redemption-----0.90
Tax---------------1.31
Balance==========17.18

Ralphs club card member #....
coke-------(club)4.98-B
tax--------------0.90
***FINAL*********11.79

how the fuck does that work? did they double tax me or something?

no, that CA redemption crap screwed you up.

+.90
-----

Edit: 12 packs are fucking expensive in CA :-|

cancer said:
can anyone explain this redemption fund?
I think you get your money back for taking it to an authorized recycling center. It's a huge pain in the neck though, especially since most people who buy soda at home have crates of recycling for the BFI to pick up.

Back