Question to all Antec case owners with front USB / Firewire ports

PJ

Veteran X
My case:

(Click picture to go to case info.)

Now, behind that little Antec logo on the slats are 2 USB ports and 1 firewire port. My problem is whenever I put enough pressure to insert the USB connector, the little circuit board pops back from the internal clips, and starts sliding backwards.

Does anyone else with Antec cases like that have this problem? Is this a flaw with all their cases? I emailed their RMA people to see if I can get the front replaced without sending the entire case back. I can get by with starting my PC with a screw driver for a few weeks. =)

I'll have to let you know. I just purchased an Antec PLUS1080AMG this last week and will be moving over to it this weekend.

Mine is very similar to yours except taht I don't have the side window as I've seen the inside of enough computers they hold no allure for me.

Also have this to put into it.

AutoDoc5
Thermalright SLK-800
80mm Fan - ~45CFM
Arctic Silver 3 Thermal Compound

I may add a port panel in the near future to move all ports to the front of the computer. Make it easier to switch between headset and speakers.

ive got an antec 1030x and it is by far the best case ive ever worked with. Its huge tower, but so easy to work with.

SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER SOLDER

I just bought one haven't assembled the system for it yet, but I'll take a look and see if mine does it too

ok took a pic of the backside of the usb/firewire
Antec.jpg

You might look and see if the 2 clips are still on the back.
I noticed mine dosen't quite fully lock in there, and I might take it out and sand down the front and back edge of the little PCB and see if that helps it lock in a bit better.

or maybe even dab some epoxy in the side rails.

Last edited:
filsinger said:
ive got an antec 1030x and it is by far the best case ive ever worked with. Its huge tower, but so easy to work with.

I got the 1080AMG.
yes this does look like a very nice case to work with.
very sturdy. Came with a killer PSU too, the Antec (of course) True Power 430W, the one that controls the speed of the fans based on the temp inside the case.
I like my Lian-Li for going to a lan or something cause it weighs next to nothing.

Bingo ZombieAFO, thats it. The circuit board on the edge is actually kind of rounded, which is what is causing the lift I think.

If I had some epoxy, I'd use it.

Customer Service was very nice. They already mailed me out a new replacement case front. I don't even have to mail the old one back.

Zombie, which Lian-Li are you using?
I was looking at the PC-65:
Product Feature:
PC-65
Drive bays 4x5.25",3x3.5",5x3.5" internal
Fan:4 bearing fans included
M/B type:ATX & pentium 4 (MAX SIZE: 12"x9.6")
Front USB:2 ports (support USB 2.0)
LED Lighting

It's cheaper than the 6089A and the 6099 and doesnt' seem to be lacking anything, that I can see.

The only thing I have that could fix this is hot glue. Would that work safely? I doubt it's conductive, but you never know.

Yeah I find that the connectors are a little 'soft', but I haven't had one pop out or become useless yet, and I've built two in the smaller tower. They are totally awesome to work in though, the 17" 'mini' tower has more room than I need, and all the bays are totally accessible.

My old SOHO had every single bay filled. They aren't very roomy when you do that. =P

Back