Computer problems...

Ciceron

Contributor
Veteran XX
For some reason, my sound cuts out when I am listening to music or a sudden sound comes up and sound doesn't play until I restart.

I am running Win2K and my sound card is a Turtle Beach Montego Bay II Quadzilla (WTF kind of stupid name is that).

This is an intermitant problem. It only happens when my computer decides to be stupid.

Also, when I shut down, it takes forever (defraging does nothing) and when I restart, the computer never actually restarts. It shuts Windows down and sits at a black screen until I shut it down or hit reset.

Ciceron said:
HGIGIHGUISGOCSOHCOUHSCOUSGFGBFUHFUHHfurhouhsrug.

dfsahfgjasdgjhashsa Turtle Beach Montego Bay II Quadzilla (WTF kind of stupid name is that).

fkdafhgadfnbsdfiye7wriwrw4tr7.
tfhwF0s7fshef
fkshathwr7t9w4twqn gsfgsgdgusagasgoas9tw4tbskgy9[wethweyg0wefgWGIHWegWETGIUOWEFwfjsnfkSKHFs7gf;SFKsdfWT0wfnsakhf[79sefhw4f97WUFHWEFWHF9w.

BallZ, that was genious, I have to try that.

I am going to farmat soon anyway, maybe that can fix the restart/shut down problems.

[edit] WTF is a farmat.

LOL i actually used to have the turtle beach montego 2 quadzilla.. i believe the win2k drivers are either nonexistant or suck azz completely

i bought a new card for $30 that had driver support since the company that was making the quadzilla went under

i remember having win2k problems and NEVER resolving them, is what im saying. trash tha card

Clamsoda said:
LOL i actually used to have the turtle beach montego 2 quadzilla.. i believe the win2k drivers are either nonexistant or suck azz completely

i bought a new card for $30 that had driver support since the company that was making the quadzilla went under

Yeah, that is what I may end up doing. This is the only part that I have yet to upgrade to something that doesn't suck ass.

Kryptic said:
DO NOT GET A CREATIVE SB ANYTHING!!!!!

you have been warned

what's wrong with those!?! i have a creative sb mp3 5.3 or wutever, had it for two years now, works perfectly every time it's been used.

qcksilver316 said:
what's wrong with those!?! i have a creative sb mp3 5.3 or wutever, had it for two years now, works perfectly every time it's been used.

creative is getting sloppy IMHO, however, it is just an opinion.

Kryptic said:
It sucked ass a month after you built it

:shrug:
Meh, I don't see how people can shell out hundreds of dollars every couple of months just to maintain a top of the line rig for bragging rights.

Back