camaro owners.. ls1 to be more broad

bigmannie

Veteran X
anyone on here with a f-body ls1 that drags?

i figure i'd see what kinda shit you guys have done.. ETs.. things like that..

i can't talk to people in my area about it.. cuz its soOOooO secret.. know what i mean ;\

so you're basically saying you're an anti-social fag that doesn't fit into the in-crowd and want people from the internet to help you?

cheese.jpg

so you're saying you're in the same group as these people in your area, yet they won't tell you because it's a secret? i don't get what you're saying.

the wolffman said:
so you're saying you're in the same group as these poeple in your area, yet they won't tell you because it's a secret? i don't get what you're saying.

its very competitive, and no one is going to give the flat out truth about their cars.. if everyone knew what each other had.. it would take a lot of the fun out of racing

'03 cobra that i'm still learning to drive...lucky for me he wanted to go from a 25 mph roll. We went twice, both times we went to about 100, I had maybe 3-4 lengths on him by then, though with traction it would have been more...I spin like crazy in 1st gear, but pulled him hard in second, not so hard in third.

edit: don't forget, his is completely stock

second edit: btw talking about street racing on this forum is begging for flames ;)

it is, but not for long...after the new years i'm getting x-pipe, catback, chip, intake, and definetely some Nitto's, unless you can suggest something better (tire wise)

daily...I was looking at the nt-555 (not the drag radials), have heard good things about them. The stock Goodyear Eagle F1's are not good at putting down the power ;)

There's a Camaro board where people post their times.
I don't have the link, but if you search, I'm sure you'll find it.

bm, a good board to go would be www.ls1.com

sammy, nice car! why not switch out the pulley as well if you're going to be modding that much.

myself, I'm still learning to drive my car ('02 ws6) but pulled a 13.7@106 with a spinning 2.4 60'.

Don't ask me why, I have no documentation to back it up, but switching to a lightning pulley (or any aftermarket pulley) to increase the boost just seems dangerous to me. Cold air intake, free flowing exhaust, those things seem to be "safer" somehow to me. Trust me, I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself that the chip isn't a bad idea.

edit: the smart thing to do would be to learn to put the power I have now down, and then mod it ;)

Back