Vonage Phone service

Hoovie

Veteran XV
Anyone out there in TW land use Vonage? http://www.vonage.com/ Basically, it uses Voice over IP, and you get phone through cable/dsl. I currently pay around $50 a month for phoneline, and with Vonage I can get everything I currently get and UNLIMITED long distance for $39.99 a month.

So does anyone have this? Does it kill bandwidth? How is the quality?

This is an actual phone connection through broadband, not using comp like rw/ts. They send you a router and you plug you phones into it.

It eats on average 128k of your bandwidth.
I was going to get Vonage except that they suck too much to answer their phones.
The message is always, due to high call volume, we can not answer the phone, please die, thanks.

I was really interested in it too.
But I like my phone provider to answer they're phone.
Try it, tell me if you get an answer, I'm still interested for when they unsuck.

I was checking it out too, but then AT&T rolled into town and started offering their local phone service, I miss out on the unlimited long distance, but I only pay about 30 a month and it's not like I actually call long distance much anyways, I tend to email/chat on instant messaging programs with people more than a local phone call away. :shrug:

Back