what's an "n64 gamepak"?

Mirage

Veteran X
is it just a thing to save games..?

cuz i bought Mask of Majora as a gift to someone, and it says "N64 GamePak" on the back...

do i need that GamePak too?

i looked on google briefly..

|vm| said:
is it just a thing to save games..?

cuz i bought Mask of Majora as a gift to someone, and it says "N64 GamePak" on the back...

do i need that GamePak too?

i looked on google briefly..
It's saying "this is a Nintendo 64 GamePak." Kind of like how Tribes says "this is a CD."

GamePak is pretty old, though. I don't think I've heard that used since the NES days.

Expansion Pak = RDRAM upgrade
Memory card = er... memory card

when i got it - it was like 25 bucks - i got it as soon as it came out, so its been a while

huh so do i need a gamepak or what?

kura it says n64 gamepak because it's a game using the gamepak (?)

or they use "gamepak" like "cartridge"

can anyone check their n64 games..? do they say "N64 GamePak" in the back?

|vm| said:
huh so do i need a gamepak or what?

kura it says n64 gamepak because it's a game using the gamepak (?)

or they use "gamepak" like "cartridge"

can anyone check their n64 games..? do they say "N64 GamePak" in the back?
Gamepak means cartridge.

I think the N64 Gamepak is the cartridge but Majora's Mask will still require the N64 Expansion Pak and it still goes for like $25-$30. It might be cheaper looking for a used N64 that already has one which is just pathetic.

Xionic said:
I think the N64 Gamepak is the cartridge but Majora's Mask will still require the N64 Expansion Pak and it still goes for like $25-$30. It might be cheaper looking for a used N64 that already has one which is just pathetic.

what?

fuckin

Xionic said:

My friend went to a pawnshop and they let him swap out the expansion pack for the pack that came with his N64. If you do it right, you should be able to get one for nothing; provided the pawnshop owner has no clue what it is.

Yes, it requires it to work. If you put the game in and you don't have an expansion pack it will say expansion pack not detected or something like that...

Most people have an expansion pack though. You needed it to play 4 player and single player in Perfect Dark. Most people got it for that reason alone :p

Back