Burn text on bottom of CDs?

PowdaHound

Veteran X
http://www.yamaha.ca/computer/cp_disct2.asp
MInstrument_L.jpg

Pretty sweet. :) Any other progs that do this?

That's really cool. I have no clue why any individual consumer would need it, but it's still pretty cool.

Actually that image is misleading, as it can only tatoo the disc on the unused portion.

still a pretty cool feature... you could burn the name of the CD in, or a little track listing... a CD key... list of files. not worth the extra $ for me but still neat.

Ascoe said:
still a pretty cool feature... you could burn the name of the CD in, or a little track listing... a CD key... list of files. not worth the extra $ for me but still neat.

If they figure out a way to do it on the top it will sell like hotcakes.

MST3K-rules said:
But it does take away space from the disc right? That makes it pretty worthless.

It doesn't "take" space away, you just can't put pictures on the parts you need to put data on.

If it's a CD-R, it doesn't matter, because you're not going to use that space after the first burn anyways.

Yeah, thought it was a cool idea until I read that the "tattoo" basically renders the area it fills utterly useless. :( All gimmick, and completely worthless, IMHO. Just a way to sell a few extra CDRs. Any data disc or music mix I make I always try to fill the complete 80 minute disc to its fullest.

T-Funk said:
it matters if u need that space

Then you don't put pictures on it....

It's a gimmick for people who put <100MB on a disc and send it to people and want to be cool.

Ascoe said:

sharpie.jpg

Back