Success

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
If there was one prime ingredient to success, what do you think it is? Is it drive, determination, tenacity...a combination of many things...or something completely different?

I think determination decides how well you're going to do in all aspects of life

you don't gain a thing with 0 determination

Many many things. It only describes one thing. You can have it financially, personally and all variations need their own ingredients to work.

Some could argue that if you're not happy from the start - your progress will be severely limited. Don't worry, be happy - and successful. ;)

that's why you need determination..when you're not being successful, and when you are. cuz you need determination to stay successful..

i tend to think its a combination of drive, tenacity and luck. luck plays a large roll in success.

Ok, here's another question.

Why is it that most people you see who are 'successful' usually have some really major excess in their lives. For instance, musicians who are considered very talented and popular, that have large drug/drinking problems. Does it come with the territory or is it just that this person has so much creative energy, intelligence, or whatever that made them successful, and that energy spills over and creates some kind of need for excess

|vm| said:
people make their own luck happen...

for the most part i agree with that, but there are some times that you are just in the right place at the right time, and its not because of anything you did, just happened that way

JuggerNaught said:
for the most part i agree with that, but there are some times that you are just in the right place at the right time, and its not because of anything you did, just happened that way

heh beat me to it. I think if somebody keeps pushing they eventually get where they want to be... of course it does usually take 30-40 years. :p

Back