Progressive Scan DVD Players

Crazy8

Veteran XX
We have an HDTV, but the DVD player that Best Buy gave to us for free isn't anything great. I've been researching progressive scan DVD players, but I'd like to hear if anyone has some suggestions. Probably looking in the $150-200 range.

Thanks.

youre not going to get a good progressive scan dvd player in that price range.

p.s. even the good ones arent as good as a computer with a good ati vid card and a dvdrom drive.

i'm not looking for "what will be better than an ati card + dvd drive according to mad rebel"

but hey thanks for playing

Get a Marantz DV6200, seriously

They are on the knee of the curse for quality/price.

The local hi-fi shop uses them instead of some 2000 dollar DVD players on some of their high end display projectors...

Absolutely awesome DVD player, be sure to get good cables too, it makes a significant difference...

FUCKING BUMP FOR THE REAL PLAYAZ IN THE HOUSE

Get the marantz seriously, it is far, far above anything else in the price range... huge noticable difference in quality

Aestis said:
have you seen a HTPC's quality? Its superb. Better than any of the high end proscan players ive seen. plus you can play pron divx on the big screen over the wifi from your file server :bigthumb:

MaD_ReBeL said:
have you seen a HTPC's quality? Its superb. Better than any of the high end proscan players ive seen. plus you can play pron divx on the big screen over the wifi from your file server :bigthumb:

The latter is a plus, and yes I've seen it

Once you get into real DVD players, they beat it definately.

That marantz is a little orgasm in a black box, the good kind... not like a box full of sperm

X-box has one in it, supposed to have some disk in their mag to activate it or some shit...or that's what I heard a while ago.

Aestis said:
The latter is a plus, and yes I've seen it

Once you get into real DVD players, they beat it definately.

That marantz is a little orgasm in a black box, the good kind... not like a box full of sperm
hmmm....ok ive only seen the pioneers, i couldnt see a significant difference that would justify the extra price tag over a highly versitle HTPC ;)

i have a xbox and i dont think it has progressive scan
i jstu got a 57" hdtv rear projection tv and it looks good but not like a hdtv feed good

Back