OMG, macs suck big fat hairy cocks.

Musashi

SGT Shred
Veteran XX
I'm at school right now posting this using one of the crappy iMacs they have in the hallways for students to use. I'm browsing the forums and having a hard time.

1st off, the fuckng mouse is ROUND. perfectly round. what kind of bastard thought up this un-ergonomical design? I can barely hold the damn thing much less reach my finger around and click that fat ol' button.

2nd, that funcking button on the mouse. WTF?! only one? Can't Mactards figure out the secondary mouse button? There isn't even a wheel on the thing, I have to move my lasy ass over to the scroll bar to go down a post or move mah finger to "pg dn".

3rd, this keyboard would be best left at the bottom of a lake. all the keys stick (not semen I hope, This problem is endemic to the Mac) and every third key stroke doesn't register.

That's just the hardware. The software blows even more. I'm late tho' this rant must wait.

SuckyPenny said:
what program do macs use to play .avis ?

videoLAN client, find it on versiontracker.com. it was originally a unix app made to play ANY FUCKING MEDIA type, i swear this thing could play goose eggs if you could fit the egg in your computer. i rikey.

OS9 + iMacs give macs a bad name.

The problem is that everyone's experience with macs is limited to the shitty, low end computers. If you were only exposed to PCs as 233s with windows ME on them, you wouldn't be too happy with PCs either.

Get on a dual G4 with the nice cinema display and OSX and then tell me how much Macs suck.

the ones we use, you will get a page or two written of your paper, and the fucking pile of shit will crash

Scourge said:

The problem is that everyone's experience with macs is limited to the shitty, low end computers. If you were only exposed to PCs as 233s with windows ME on them, you wouldn't be too happy with PCs either.

Get on a dual G4 with the nice cinema display and OSX and then tell me how much Macs suck.

word brother scourge, word.

Scourge said:

how much would that mac setup cost though?

Scourge said:

get me one of those, and a PC system of similar cost, and i'll sure tell you macs suck ;)

Vulc4n said:
how much would that mac setup cost though?

that's like being in the market for a plasma screen, or high end mercedes.. you don't ask price, you're just getting the absolute best shit ;)

fyi tho, probably $5k w/ the 22" cinema display and a real high end mac, thousands less for the smaller screen/lower dual

CapnPyro said:
that's like being in the market for a plasma screen, or high end mercedes.. you don't ask price, you're just getting the absolute best shit ;)

fyi tho, probably $5k w/ the 22" cinema display and a real high end mac, thousands less for the smaller screen/lower dual

heh. i like my athlon 2000+, gf 4 ti 4200, 512 ddr, ect for 800 bucks thank you very much.

the cinema display is over a grand alone.

You could just get a 500 g4 cube with OS10 and it wouldn't feel like the same old shitty mac though. You can get that and one of those swank looking monitors for the same price that you could buy a decent new computer with.

And really, a comparable pc system to the dual g4 (pricewise) probably wouldnt be better, depending on what options you picked up with your dual. The processor speeds aren't an accurate measurement of the power of the processors, especially when you're talking about the 128 bit G4 vs. the 32 bit Intel chips.

yeah, you cant parts out macs. it's a disadvantage (more expensive) and an advantage (stable, no/less conflicts)

Scourge said:

agreed.

1st of all, round mouse buttons were from iMacs sold 3 years ago. Your school has old fucking computers.

2nd, there are more mouse functions on a Mac than a PC. If you do not know how this is true, you haven't used a mac for more than 10 mins,

3rdly, 3 year old keyboards in a hall at school probably stick, whether mac or pc. The problem is not endemic to macs. my keyboard is fine. my work keyboard is fine. every mac i have used has a keyboard that registers ALL keystrokes.

Continue using a PC...i will. But i will also use my mac when i actually want to get some work done.

for like the 100th time on TW:

Macs for work, PC's for play.

CapnPyro said:
yeah, you cant parts out macs. it's a disadvantage (more expensive) and an advantage (stable, no/less conflicts)

^^ the major downside as far as I'm concerned. My favorite part about my computers is building them, ripping them apart and being able to generally fuck with them physically as much as I want. Don't have that flexibility with macs.

Though I'd love to have a nice one :bigthumb:

CapnPyro said:

ya i guess.

isn't there a new egg for mac tho?

no parts just accessories and add-ons?

CapnPyro said:

Well..... the new towers have 4 open PCI slots and the VC is AGP. You can get parts now... pretty cheap too.

Ohh... and the Cinema Display is 23 inches wide and does 1900 X 1200 res... it's $3499

Back