Black House question

I just started reading Black House last night and I am about 100 pages in.

So far pimp, fly and boss have all been used as adjectives and I am just wondering when this Straub asshat stops writing and King begins?

I am being a little too hard on him, I was just expecting the same pacing of other King books. This one moves too slow and is overly descriptive of environments. I had heard about ties to Dark Tower and was hoping for more...

*edit* I know once upon a time boss was an adj. but the book is set after McGuire hit 70 hrs to give you a sense of time frame. Time doesn't seem right for fly either as no one watches In Living Color anymore.

Stephen King is a hack. His horror novels are the equivalent of Harlequin Romances. His next novel should have Fabio on the cover.

The Stand was a worthy book(the exception).

i found that book disturbing...

and i am nearly too embarrassed to admit I thought King and Straub were the same guy..just a pseudonym :(

Masamune/Xerxes

=

Matthew Shores?

Or am I mixed up into thinking you're one of my friends from RL?

Hydrogen said:
Clive Barker is Steven King with dirtier sex.

Plus a mind-numbingly amazing imagination, sexier violence, better (and sparser) use of profanity, and just a big steaming helping of "better than..." And yeah, a huge slice of dirty kink on top of that. If you can't handle the occasional homoeroticism, you should probably avoid his works though. :)

Though I have enjoyed certain sections and imagery from a number of Kings novels, I've been amazed by precious few books, and many of them were Barkers work (Imajiica, Weaveworld, Great And Secret Show, Everville, and most of the Books Of Blood were just masterpieces).

Yeah the book definitely has a slower pace than the other King books. I think it is worth the read though. Especially if you are a dark tower fan. Prophecy is an idiot.:spineyes:

The reason you think Kind/Straub are the same is that he has written under a pseudonym b4. I believe, correct me if wrong, it was Richard Bachman.

No, not Matthew Shore, my name is Josh, I dunno you sorry.

I think that King is entertaining literature and better written than most give credit for. Even most book critics don't knock his shit as trashy in the same way Barker is.

I read a little more and it has started picking up a bit, not much though. Seems like the killer talks to police/families in a Zodiac'ish fashion. Starting to see more Dark Tower connections too and I am a fan of that series.

The Stand was ok, far from his best though. I found It, all DT books, and Desperation to be better reads

Back