Work sucks, should I quit?

Whoop

Veteran XX
Today I get called in to the managers office (he's one man down from the president of the company) and he procedes to rip me up one side and down the other.

A big project went hay wire (about a month ago). During the entire year of the project it went through 3 different project managers hands and countless 'spec changes'. It was flawed from the start, and crap when it was finished. Throughout the project I complained to my managers about lack of specs, lack of documentation, the short sightedness of the project and the lack of time I was given to code it. The basically said "whatever, just get it done" so I did.

It ended up crap, but I put enough duct tape on it to make it through. The QA manager the other day went to my managers office and bitched... about ME!

Ugh... well work sucks now. Do I suck it up and move on? Put in my two weeks notice? Or go directly to the president and explained this fucked up shit?

Advice would be great, I'm just so pissed off right now.

Decisions made in angst are never really coherent and reasonable. Get a cool head then think about it.

ReZDoG said:
Just get over it.. Life will go on..

Never said life wouldn't go on. Just looking for some advice from other people. Would you want to work at a place where you get blamed for other peoples mistakes?

Not me.

go play some GTA with the chainsaw. that always makes me feel better!

then go to home depot and buy a real chainsaw for work tomorrow! (and take lots of pics)

Whoop, 6 years and 4 jobs in the work force has given practically no insight,

EXCEPT

your job will never be fair UNLESS you are the manager. This is the only way to get what you want.

Whoop said:
Never said life wouldn't go on. Just looking for some advice from other people. Would you want to work at a place where you get blamed for other peoples mistakes?

Not me.

Thats the whole point of being a Manager.. so they can shit on the peons. its going to happen.. If the job is a good one. paying good and what not, I'd stay.. The next time YOU do something good, you will be awarded..

IMO

Use your chain of command.
bitch to your boss.
nothing gets done about the problem, take it over his/her head.

in the future when you have issues with project management, email your concerns to your immediate supervisor with carbon copies to the 'Manager'.

Just make sure you word it all nice, like 'for the good of the project I wanted to bring these issues to your attention....blah blah blah and then finish up with 'I know you will want to address these important hurdles facing us blah blah...'

then you can rat out the assholes and make it look like you are such a team player... plus it innoculates you against future taking it in the ass.

i am in the same boat as you are...i guess we should quietly look for a better job and keep working there meanwhile...and once you get a better job ..quit..no point to stay somewhere if you are not happy...
p.s i am assuming your pay is not great...

Last edited:
It is called documentation. If you would have documented all the screw ups WITH something to make it better you could then go to the "Boss" and let him figure out who needs the ass kicking!

Whoop said:

Not me.

Find another job first, then quit. I don't know exactly what you do, but good jobs don't exactly grow on trees these days.

Back