Damn.. what's it take to get some Hard Liquor around here.

SuperSniperX

Contributor
Veteran XX
I moved down here to the burbs of Dallas... richardson, to be precise... and find out it is a psuedo-dry fuct up area... I can buy beer, but no hard liquor. Well, god damnit, I want to sit back and drink some nights. So I hit up Yahoo Yellow Pages, and search for Liquor around my area. I come up with a few places... all are at least 10 miles away... and they are all situated on the same street. So, I think... ok, this place looks good. Hop in the SSX g-ride X5 o'love and go for a little jaunt. Get cut off, almost killed a couple times... Typical Texas drivers, 10 minutes later, I pull up to "Oasis Liquor" (so perfectly named) with cars and everywhere. This place was pretty damn big. Walk in, and see a shitload of brothers standing around the glass enclosed Remy Martin, Cristal, and all the high end shit rappers like to rap about. Now I know who owns the ghetto'd out Suburbans with the Dub'Dubs and neon lights.

So, I grab a Cart, and begin to full that bitch Up. It was like I was in a Toy Store. Picked up 750ML of Grey Goose, and Grey Goose Le Citron, Capt. Morgans Private Stock, some 18year Glenlivit Single Malt, and some Bailey's Irish Creme... an 8 of Guinness, 2 4's of Boddington's, a 12 of Red Stripe, 1 Chimay Grand Reserve Magnum, a 12 of Shiner Bock, 6 of Killians, and 2 2liters of Coke and Vanilla Coke. Sit in line for an hour, buy my shit... god damn is Alcohol expensive... and get the fuck out of there.

Now I'm set for a great day of both Football and Hockey... as The lions pair off against the Cowboys... and later on, the Wings look to kick the hell out of the Stars... havin a couple co-workers over, to witness the Carnage.

Just need some bitches... and maybe some Cristal.

I make weekly trips. I miss Colorado in some respects for teh liquor stores. I have yet to find a large store that will make me happy. There are a few wine stores, but I only visit them once in awhile.

yah, I use to live just south of Detroit. I use to be able to drive over to the Grocery Store, (Meijers... so much better than Walmart Supercenterrs) and get everything I needed.

Oh well, gonna sit back, drink some Grey Goose on the rocks, and watch Fargo. :)

Just wait until you need to make a beer run after midnight. Thank you bible belting Texas laws.

edit and if thats the oasis liquor near errr, spring valley and 75 thats kinda a ghetto liquor store, theres better ones in that area. *shrug*

yah, it was Centennial and Abrams area. What's the better one to go to? I don't know these things... this place is new to me... and luckily, I have a Beer Store/Gas Station really close to me, on Renner and 190/George Bush. I live over on Telcom and Renner.

SuperSniperX said:
I moved down here to the burbs of Dallas... richardson, to be precise... and find out it is a psuedo-dry fuct up area... I can buy beer, but no hard liquor. Well, god damnit, I want to sit back and drink some nights. So I hit up Yahoo Yellow Pages, and search for Liquor around my area. I come up with a few places... all are at least 10 miles away... and they are all situated on the same street. So, I think... ok, this place looks good. Hop in the SSX g-ride X5 o'love and go for a little jaunt. Get cut off, almost killed a couple times... Typical Texas drivers, 10 minutes later, I pull up to "Oasis Liquor" (so perfectly named) with cars and everywhere. This place was pretty damn big. Walk in, and see a shitload of brothers standing around the glass enclosed Remy Martin, Cristal, and all the high end shit rappers like to rap about. Now I know who owns the ghetto'd out Suburbans with the Dub'Dubs and neon lights.

So, I grab a Cart, and begin to full that bitch Up. It was like I was in a Toy Store. Picked up 750ML of Grey Goose, and Grey Goose Le Citron, Capt. Morgans Private Stock, some 18year Glenlivit Single Malt, and some Bailey's Irish Creme... an 8 of Guinness, 2 4's of Boddington's, a 12 of Red Stripe, 1 Chimay Grand Reserve Magnum, a 12 of Shiner Bock, 6 of Killians, and 2 2liters of Coke and Vanilla Coke. Sit in line for an hour, buy my shit... god damn is Alcohol expensive... and get the fuck out of there.

Now I'm set for a great day of both Football and Hockey... as The lions pair off against the Cowboys... and later on, the Wings look to kick the hell out of the Stars... havin a couple co-workers over, to witness the Carnage.

Just need some bitches... and maybe some Cristal.

I really don't know what to make of all of that, but for some reason I feel as though you are inviting me over for some drinks. :D

yea there's a hasty's @ centennial & abrams, isn't there?

hey ssx, are you what the ppl @ covad call a transit tech? i know you work for the telco, but i'd assume that the telcos have them too.

Never had much of a problem with CO liquor stores. :)

Nice having a liquor store every 2 blocks, though I wish they were open later.

Being in a dry place would piss me off, I don't drink that much but I hate being hassled or told what I can or can't do.

And DAMN SSX, there's like a dozen decent grocercy stores in that area, stop using the Wal-Mart SuperCenter on I-75, plz.

Try a Tom Thumb or Kroger, fer chrissakes.

Nah... not drinking alone. Having a bunch of co-workers over to watch the games.... then, next week, my sister comes in. And she's bringing her friend... her cute friend that drinks Guinness, likes the Deftones, and pretty much has the same tastes as me... and she became single not too long ago. ;)

I usually go to Kroger on Shiloh and 190, even got me one of those Kroger Cards. I'm just saying in general... the Meijer stores in Michigan kick the shit out of Walmart's, and pretty much all other stores i've been to.

Clu said:
hey ssx, are you what the ppl @ covad call a transit tech? i know you work for the telco, but i'd assume that the telcos have them too.

Nope, I'm a Senior Technical Manager for SBC ASI. I work Layer 2 Switching. I'm basically the Lucent 9000, 500, 550, and 880, and Fujitsu FLM2400 Guru. My group does remotely monitor DSLAMs and Redback Routers throughout SBC's regions... but I personally deal more with the Infrastructure.

SarcaStick said:
I really don't know what to make of all of that, but for some reason I feel as though you are inviting me over for some drinks. :D

If you are ever in Dallas... look me the hell up, bro. Oh, and my sister is single again... i'll put in a good word.

i saw the pic of the dslam card & figured that you might do maintenance on them or something.

i would assume that those employees might not make as much as you.

Back