t-134213 News: T2 World Championship Wrapup [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

News: T2 World Championship Wrapup

Pages : [1] 2 3

Imposter
06-10-2002, 08:54 PM
THE SHOW IS OVER
As the curtain falls across the stage of the Tribes 2 World Championship, the members of US West are crowned champions of the world. US West beat Germany in a closely contested final where both teams gave it their all and more to thrill us in an excellent match. The match was cast by <a href=http://www.tsncentral.com>TSN</a> in english and ESN in german. The cast was also available on T2TV (brought to us by Yautja-Roc)

And to the victor the spoils!
After their close win, the members of US West are now proud owners of beta places on Tribes:Fast Attack. We will make a full prize announcement/update later in week detailing all the prizes for all the places.

Many thanks to Sierra, Everglide and our other sponsors!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.
Usually in competitions like this we name a most valuable player for the tournament, but we had problems doing that for T2WC. We couldnt split two players who were deemed to have contributed significantly to their teams achievements and hence we break with tradition and are issuing two MVP awards.

And so to the names.
USW.Daunt and Ger.Macbeth are to recieve "Tribes for Life", so they had better forget about that house, and the ferrari, as they wont have much time for stuff like that.

All players will be contacted by email in the coming week with important information, please make sure you have the correct contact email on the t2wc team reg site.

Quotes from Captains :

We asked Madrabbit to say a few words about daunt :
"Daunt is an unusualy gifted player. His mature attitude ingame and willingness to help the team in the most desparate of situations is extraordinary and deserves recognition. Furthermore, his adaptation to the t2 gameplay which could have been effected after a long hiatus from gaming was stunning. Daunt is as solid of a gamer as they come."

We asked Scorpion of Team Germany to tell us about Macbeth :
"Macbeth is a unique player. He seems to cover all of the map at the same time, be it repairing gens, fellow players or MAing incoming cappers. His ambition towards the game is always more than noteworthy."

Imposter
06-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Praise the lord, its finally over!

hardluck
06-10-2002, 08:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

beta testers to tribes fast attack...what a boner championship award lol.

Yogi
06-10-2002, 09:02 PM
Now we can all finally get on with our lives.

LtEriksson
06-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Nice to award the MVP for Germany to a player who didn't even play in the final, and is hardly a teamplayer at all. And concerning repairing generators and teammates, well, the closest he comes to doing that is spamming 10 times in teamchat for someone else to do it. The day Macbeth holds a repairpack is the day hell freezes over. Oh, and did I mention that he's the biggest lamer you've ever seen and the worst sportsman in the European community, he taunts more often than he kills. He may be skilled, but he's just a fraghunter, what message is that going to send to the kids? ;) Too bad, would be nice if the MVP actually went to someone who deserved it...

Way to go, giving Macbeth Tribes for life, now we're never getting rid of him. :(

Synth
06-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Why must there be drama over EVERY aspect of TWC?

Bump
06-10-2002, 09:21 PM
shut your fat mouth synth

GB X Koston
06-10-2002, 09:23 PM
TWC :rolleyes:

aegisalpha
06-10-2002, 09:42 PM
TWC: The gayness continues.

What a bunch of whiners.. :rolleyes:

daerid
06-10-2002, 09:43 PM
LOL

GJ of keeping each other informed, TW admins

Scorpion
06-10-2002, 09:44 PM
erik i agree with your points about macbeth.
additionally, *I* didnt vote the MVPs, the admins did. we all know this is a popularity thing, i´m not comfortable with this result either so don´t blame me, I was only asked for a comment, where i had a hard time finding a good comment about him.

Read my statement again, maybe you´ll see some irony in there ;)

My personal vote for a MVP would go out to someone who was in for team germany all the time. some examples are dönerkalle, scar, chell and theonliner.

The tournament itself was quite a disaster, no doubt. Congrats to USW tho for being good opponents and they deserved the win.

-Scorpion
Team Germany Captain

LtEriksson
06-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Ok, sorry about incriminating you, I saw the irony, I just misunderstood the purpose of it. And btw, it's nice that you'd consider picking one of "my boys". :)

I'll edit out that part about you being friends and stuff. :)

Messiah
06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion
erik i agree with your points about macbeth.
additionally, *I* didnt vote the MVPs, the admins did. we all know this is a popularity thing, i´m not comfortable with this result either so don´t blame me, I was only asked for a comment, where i had a hard time finding a good comment about him.

Read my statement again, maybe you´ll see some irony in there ;)

My personal vote for a MVP would go out to someone who was in for team germany all the time. some examples are dönerkalle, scar, chell and theonliner.

The tournament itself was quite a disaster, no doubt. Congrats to USW tho for being good opponents and they deserved the win.

-Scorpion
Team Germany Captain

Thanx.

RenGen
06-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Silly Messiah, he wasn't talking to you :D

:wave: <3

Kaertes
06-10-2002, 10:45 PM
<Suds> next time before you go attaacking a tournament admin, for trying to be fair, or being racist or being extremely abusive, think one moment, what are you doing. This is supposed to be a game.
<Suds> well tonight the insulters "won"
<Suds> you made me cry, hope you are proud of yourselves.

sKILLz
06-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Cool they won the tourny jack**** people care about.

Tribes 2 is a joke;)

Bitrot
06-10-2002, 10:58 PM
I hope the admins are able to ignore this collection of whining *****lips.

Your hard work is appreciated.

Synth
06-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by -W- sKILLz
Cool they won the tourny jack**** people care about.

Tribes 2 is a joke;) yea like 200 plus listeners on t2tv, yea, who cares?..

sKILLz
06-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Synth
yea like 200 plus listeners on t2tv, yea, who cares?..

Wow in a WORLD TOURNMENT you got a hole 200+ people.

Now just think if the game was infact a good competition game. Just imagine the amount you would get?

200 is jack**** on a WORLD SCALE lol

Tribes 2 sucks, and that is why there was only 200 people.

Synth
06-10-2002, 11:15 PM
..or because the server could only hold 200 max...