t-132790 SG-1 Tardz Ruined Any Chance 4 a Good Stargate Sequel [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

SG-1 Tardz Ruined Any Chance 4 a Good Stargate Sequel

Pages : [1] 2 3

FngrBANG
06-03-2002, 09:35 PM
IF ONLY
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451455029.01.LZZZZZZZ.jp g
YOU SG-1
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451455169.01.LZZZZZZZ.jp g
TARDZ COULD
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451455568.01.LZZZZZZZ.jp g
READ A

FngrBANG
06-03-2002, 09:36 PM
WHOLE
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451456637.01.LZZZZZZZ.jp g
BOOK!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451456645.01.LZZZZZZZ.jp g

These are the 5 books that continued the ORIGINAL storyline.

It's a damn shame no one will ever get to know "the real story" as they are going to play the sequel off of the SG-1 [IMO, super-trash] series.

Thesis
06-03-2002, 09:39 PM
are they any good?

i refuse to read any book which spins off from a tv show/game/movie.

MST3K-rules
06-03-2002, 09:41 PM
I didn't like the movie much but I really like the TV series.

I just really disagree with you. I like the TV series version. I think the storyline has more opportunities and isn't as stupid as you think. There's a hell of a lot of continuity and a billion ****ing little pieces of the fictional universe that come back again in later episodes.

Mecca
I heard the original books are very good and the movie didn't do them justice.

Somec
At least they're all written by the same author, and you've gotta admit the Stargate universe is a pretty good one to have many many stories in....

MST3K-rules
06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Face it though, the series is a bigger success than the movie.

SG-1 continually gets the first or second spot on the syndication numbers and it did well on showtime. Now the final season is going to air on the scifi channel.

It's a good series and it is not some sort of weak Cleopatra 2525-esque scifi show. Oh well, this argument isn't worth arguing about because Warner Brothers is behind the tv series universe and not the movie.

MadBoFo
06-03-2002, 10:00 PM
the tv show is actually pretty good from time to time

vivrant
06-03-2002, 10:04 PM
dude it has McGuyver what more could you want?

Alvarez
06-03-2002, 10:13 PM
They killed Daniel Jackson tho :|

Harpoon
06-03-2002, 10:14 PM
good.
for the last season he's been a whiny *****

Zombie
06-03-2002, 10:14 PM
jackson ain't dead.

but theres no rule the movies have to follow the TV series.

Alvarez
06-03-2002, 10:16 PM
Yea but I hate it when they lose actors in series especially main characters... Daniel Jackson completed the loop and added what he always has and thats brains on the field...

At least it wasn't Tilk tho... the show would be over the MOMENT he leaves.

MST3K-rules
06-03-2002, 10:17 PM
The guy who played Jackson, Shanks I think, had "creative differences" with the producers so Daniel Jacksons "ascended" to a higher plane.

Reno
06-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Vivrant
dude it has McGuyver what more could you want?

Xionic
06-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Love the movie HATE the TV show.

FngrBANG
06-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Mecca
I heard the original books are very good and the movie didn't do them justice. The books are excellent--I've read every one. As usual though, you can't fit everything into a movie. I thought they gave enough in the movie to spawn a worthy sequel though.

Think about this plot: After the 1st movie, Earth sends the military back to Abydos to mine for that crystal, and to begin reverse engineering Ra's technology. Col. O'Neil trains Ska'ara's [the kid in the movie] rag-tag band of misfits and they make a worthy militia. There are AH-64 Apaches patrolling the dunes of Abydos (they couldn't break down an M1-Abrams tank to fit through the stargate). And this super-***** Hathor (for which SG-1's version didn't EVEN come close to portraying) heads toward Abydos to figure out what happened to Ra. Sh*t heats up from here on out.

A few more spoilers from the many books:

That big flying pyramid in the movie? It's basically the captain's yachtt. It fits atop a ship called The Boat of a Million Years (Egyptologists? Sound familliar?)

Those Jackal and Horus helmets the soldiers wore? Night vision, weapons scanning capability, augmented reality, communications. Just like Tribes but better!;) None of this was alluded to in the movie. The only thing the movie tried to pull off was a scene in which O'Neil and Anubis are fighting. Anubis throws O'Niel to the ground and holds him there--you can hear electric crackling coming from his armbands--enhanced strength

Abydos goes boom

That locket that was given to Danial Jackson has more meaning than you were led to believe

There will be Abydan refugees on Earth (for a while, anyways)

There is a new enemy which the marines call "*****s" (basically this warrior race of humanoid cats so primal that they require some of Ra's alien technology implanted directly into their brains in order to be controlled; they still have to be let loose, occasionally, to "hunt/eat")

There is a new ally, the Setim (they kinda' look like While E. Coyote, and, they're all about military). It's kinda' cool when they salute: The subordinate lifts his chin high to bear his throat--as if to submit to it's commander

---------------------------------------------------------------

The [original] story was researched well enough to paint a compelling and convincing tale (UNLIKE SG-1). The command heiarchy of Ra's minions is described in a way that is complimentary to the Egyptian way of thinking--and, man, it's brutal.

SG-1 is a bastardized spin-off that cannot hold a candle to the original storyline. Anyone that argues this probably hasn't the slightest idea of what Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich had intended. This is a saga not too unlike the DUNE series of books.

And, it is well worth the read. Then, you'll understand why I'm so pissed.

FngrBANG
06-03-2002, 10:40 PM
Oh yeah, and the plot between Jackson and Sha'uri is a helluva' lot better than the television series' version too..

RNJBOND
06-03-2002, 10:40 PM
What is the whole stargate series about again?

MST3K-rules
06-03-2002, 10:44 PM
I don't really care too much about what those guys intended. They made a movie that was okay, whereas the guys who took up the TV series helm made a good TV series that's been going strong for 6 years.

The TV series isn't idiotic and stupid. Now what you've described sounds interesting, and perhaps it could've made a good or better series, but SG1 is not bastardized crap or unintelligent garbage.