Soda vs pop vs Coke

Do you call first aid strips Band-Aids?

Do you call facial tissue Kleenex?

That's why I call it Coke.

Wretched said:

People who blaket soda with the word Coke have no taste. (omg, I kill me :rofl: )

Wretched said:

yea, but when you're ordering at mcdonalds, wouldn't ordering a coke mean you're ordeing coke?

Big Dick Dudley said:
yea, but when you're ordering at mcdonalds, wouldn't ordering a coke mean you're ordeing coke?

Umm, yeah.

I most likely call it Coke because I prefer it to all other similar products.

Wretched said:

If you order a sprite do you say coke?

People say pass me a band-aid because a bandage is pretty universal, all the companies make the same thing, but there is orange soda, grape soda, sprite, doctor pepper, etc./

What if you wanted a Moutain Dew (hypothetically. I know places that sell Coke don't sell Mt Dew since it's a Pepsi product)? Would you still call it Coke?

edit: damn you skibbi.

Wretched said:
I don't. I call them tissues. Band Aids, yes. I call them all Band Aids, even though I don't actually buy Band Aids. I like Curex.

Big Dick Dudley said:

for everybody thats wondering, here's how it works.

"Would you like a coke?"
"Yeah, give me a Dr. Pepper"

You're welcome.

(Coke 4 lyfe)

Special---K said:
everyone who says "pop" also voted for Bush....COINCIDENCE!?!

Huh? All the southern coke states are bush states, but only a few pop states are also bush states... Anyway soda is an outdated word, pop is correct term :D

Afex2win said:
for everybody thats wondering, here's how it works.

"Would you like a coke?"
"Yeah, give me a Dr. Pepper"

You're welcome.

(Coke 4 lyfe)
I've been to fast food places more than I can count, and never has anyone asked me if I wanted Coke. Then again, it's probably a regional thing. If I don't specify what I want, they usually ask me what I want to drink with that.

brakums said:
I've been to fast food places more than I can count, and never has anyone asked me if I wanted Coke. Then again, it's probably a regional thing. If I don't specify what I want, they usually ask me what I want to drink with that.

yeah its mostly a personal thing. businesses usually ask "and what would you like a drink with that?"

but if my friend is heading towards the fridge, thats the dialog you can expect.

Back