t-111961 why allergies exist (in case you didn't know) [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

why allergies exist (in case you didn't know)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BeavisNuke
02-16-2002, 01:31 AM
1. There are no allergies in asia or africa

2. White people had to deal with the plague and dirtyness/crowded city germs for all those years in medieval times.

3. Our immune systems are still 'charged up' because of this and will attack trival things like pollen and pet dander.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/tmyk/images/home_logo.jpg

free
02-16-2002, 01:32 AM
africans have aids

i bet it's darkhalo's fault

BeavisNuke
02-16-2002, 01:33 AM
le boule le boule le coucou-ou-nai

AAAHHWHOOMPH

nolt
02-16-2002, 02:18 AM
dont let the angioedemon get you

myg0t
02-16-2002, 02:22 AM
thats... intresting... well maybe not.

Ceiling_Fan
02-16-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by BeavisNuke

2. White people had to deal with the plague and dirtyness/crowded city germs for all those years in medieval times.

3. Our immune systems are still 'charged up' because of this and will attack trival things like pollen and pet dander.

Considering that the Black Plague originated in Asia, I am gonna hafta go with "Bull****" in response.

myg0t
02-16-2002, 02:26 AM
It didn't come from Asia, vge.

Ceiling_Fan
02-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by myg0t
It didn't come from Asia, vge.

The Black Death erupted in the Gobi Desert in the late 1320s. No one really knows why. The plague bacillus was alive and active long before that; indeed Europe itself had suffered an epidemic in the 6th century. But the disease had lain relatively dormant in the succeeding centuries. We know that the climate of Earth began to cool in the 14th century, and perhaps this so-called little Ice Age had something to do with it.
Whatever the reason, we know that the outbreak began there and spread outward. While it did go west, it spread in every direction, and the Asian nations suffered as cruelly as anywhere. In China, for example, the population dropped from around 125 million to 90 million over the course of the 14thc.

Again I say, Bull**** :)

myg0t
02-16-2002, 02:30 AM
And if you know teh reding comrahinsion, you can see the word Europe followed by something like "IT WAS IN EUROPE FIRST".

Ceiling_Fan
02-16-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by myg0t
And if you know teh reding comrahinsion, you can see the word Europe followed by something like "IT WAS IN EUROPE FIRST".

Only that particular bout of plague, dumbass. My point was that it was in China which throws Beav's whole post out the window.

myg0t
02-16-2002, 02:37 AM
dont hate ok

Santa
02-16-2002, 05:07 AM
http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/images/FIG08B.jpg

{FSC}Godfather
02-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Just another attempt to keep opressing the white man.

{FSC}Godfather
02-16-2002, 06:48 AM
07:45] <adania> that is not true
[07:46] <adania> there are allergies in japan and other parts of asia i know
[07:46] <adania> although it seems less common

That is from somone who lives in Japan.

SirPsycho
02-16-2002, 07:16 AM

Source?

Degenerate
02-16-2002, 07:22 AM
I have allergies and I have lived in Asia my whole life (except for 3 years in boston but that doesn't count cause the first 13 years i was in Asia and i had allergies).

aegisalpha
02-16-2002, 07:38 AM
*sigh* Everyone knows allergies come from cheese. That's why it's more common among white people, it's because they eat more cheese! :rolleyes:

Midnj
02-16-2002, 07:42 AM
thx for the informative, and well-researched post! u rock.

[Rogue]MiScHiEf
02-16-2002, 08:54 AM
Yet another reason to learn your history from something other than DAOC.

FngrBANG
02-16-2002, 09:09 AM

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/footer/tmyk/images/home_logo.jpg Y'know, I thought you were going to offer an educated explanation. I thought wrong.

Allergies are the result of an over-zealous histamine response by your immune system. Basically, you were "sensitized" by coming in contact with an antigen (toxic compound) at some point. Your immune system, basically the thymus gland, began producing T-cells that would later respond to the specific antigen.

In some cases, a person will become "hyper-sensitized" to these antigens and his immune system goes overboard, responding in full-force and jeapordizing the other vital systems of the body (respiratory, vascular, renal) in an attempt to purge the antigen. This is how a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) can become life-threatening.

And yes, Africans and Asians have allergies as well.