Upcoming: no more XP unlocks

Pages : [1] 2

[PoE]Anthem
06-05-2012, 15:38
I wanted to update you on a couple important changes coming in the next patch to Tribes (tentatively planned for next week), as the changes might impact how you choose to spend your XP between now and the upgrade date.

There are a number of things in the next patch, including our largest to date re-balancing of the weapons (driven based on feedback directly taken from a council of competitive players). We will also be introducing a large number of new weapons, which are essentially variants of existing weapons, giving people more options to find weapons that fit their exact preferred playstyle. And there are a couple new maps.

Perhaps the biggest change, especially for newer players, is that we are introducing new ways to improve and speed player advancement (based on feedback from the community).

With the next patch, you will no longer spend XP on weapon and armor upgrades. Each weapon, pack, perk, and armor class will progress automatically towards their upgrades as you play with them equipped.

This is greatly to your advantage, as you can simultaneously progress many items in your loadout (up to 7), and save all of the XP you earn for unlocks such as new weapons and new perks. In general this will significantly increase how quickly you earn unlocks in the game.

Think of it as each item having their own little progression bar, and as you play it fills up and gives you free unlocks, until you master a weapon. The progression on weapons is based on your ending match XP (think of it as duplicating that value to each weapon), so it is increased by performance, boosting, first win of the day, and badge earning.

Some important things to consider:

- Any upgrades you have purchased prior to the upgrade will remain purchased.

- When the patch is live, you will no longer be able to acquire upgrades with saved XP, and your progression on your next weapon upgrades will start from the beginning for that particular upgrade.

If there are upgrades you wish to have immediately unlocked, it's recommended you purchase them now. Otherwise, you will have to start progression toward your next unlock from the starting point for that unlock. Keep in mind, though, that you may wish to save all of your XP now with the knowledge that future unlocks will happen automatically on the weapons you wish to play with.

We are excited about this change and are excited to hear your feedback and concerns.

Thanks,
Stew

Hmm. (http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=73546)

AnubiS
06-05-2012, 16:57
well.. I dont have much to upgrade.. just jugger's armor last upgrade (12000xp) and its discL's last upgrade (4500xp). Might get these this week.. Im no VIP player, I have thought in buying gold but thank god I didnt, for all the unfair perma bans. I dont want to take a risk on that.

I dont need **** fancy weapons, all I need is pathfinder and juggernuts with their basic weapons. **** their knives.

http://s15.postimage.org/9ydm6qkob/Tr_CTF_Tartarus_PC_05_20_ 14_120.png

works fine 4me.

The "competitive players" council is so ridiculous. Who the **** are they? Tribes 1 and 2 veterans? Or their precious GA players? I bet I could own those 40+ lvl fags

BlazerBlade
06-05-2012, 17:03
I think they are mostly late tribes 2 players - T:V ? I could be wrong though

rootb33r
06-05-2012, 17:05
Stew amended the post by saying that there will be a "100% unlock" option with XP.

AnubiS
06-05-2012, 17:31
Stew amended the post by saying that there will be a "100% unlock" option with XP.

it will probably be a huge amount of xp that non vips will take years to get. gg

-Dark-Angel-
06-05-2012, 18:40
They are trying to get people to spend their XP before the patch so they will have to buy gold to unlock new items.

Plainly obvious...

AnubiS
06-05-2012, 19:40
Well, it doesnt affect me or others like me. No vip, play 30minutes per day, get 1200xp first win of the day after a week update ****s, etc etc etc

Kore
06-05-2012, 20:45
Kinda sucks for people who currently decide to play one class so they can use the XP and upgrade a different class.

They've basically reverted back to in the alpha/beta before they changed the whole class scheme so to upgrade a specific class you have to play that class (no shared XP).

I don't see this as speeding up improvement so much as being annoying as hell. Luckily I'm past the upgrade everything stage so this won't have an effect on me for the most part. They could have easily achieved the same effect by reducing the XP cost to upgrade everything.

AnubiS
06-05-2012, 20:59
I don't see this as speeding up improvement so much as being annoying as hell.

what, this was decided in tribes vets council. they know best, not us tribes vets.

edit: wait...

EvanVolm
06-05-2012, 21:28
None of this was even talked about in the Tribal Council meeting.

disci
06-06-2012, 08:48
Council was mostly T1/T2 players. Don't think any of them actually cared enough to play T:V.

Those who I know has played T1/2 competetively for a very long time.

EvanVolm
06-06-2012, 14:24
The most vocal person in that meeting, and the one people agreed with 90% of the time, never played Tribes before T:A (afaik).

AnubiS
06-06-2012, 15:29
Council was mostly T1/T2 players. Don't think any of them actually cared enough to play T:V.

names. I wanna hack their ips

T-Refried-455
06-07-2012, 10:45
okay go hack coproporphyria then

AnubiS
06-07-2012, 11:46
im anonimus, im legnd, im king

Groove
06-07-2012, 16:34

only 2-3 T1 players that i could see

copro, whitewhale... and? sh4z maybe (a demo player?)

hyung
06-07-2012, 16:46
copor such a scum to be representing tirbe 1 fuk

it good 4 him that his gf cheating on him

Groove
06-07-2012, 17:24
yup yup

AnubiS
06-07-2012, 17:44
it good 4 him that his gf cheating on him

LOL gg

yeah, these guys are scum. what mods did they play? Since when they play tribe1?

I want to represent starsiege tribe1. Im such a better player to give hints how to make this game work good.

I defend tribe1 game with T:A graphics. Or T:A graphics with tribe1 game.

Dutch
06-08-2012, 12:47

HAHAHA WHAT