I'm going to grill part of a huge pork loin tonight.

Morbid

Contributor
Veteran X
It's about as thick as a roast.

I'm going to cut it in a spiral type shape so I can roll it out and rub it down with jerk seasoning on both sides. I'm going to roll up some onions and lemon along with a small bottle of honey. I made one the other night with the other half of this monster pork loin that was great but forgot the honey and lemon.... It was also slightly over cooked last time but not by much.

This one will be perfection.

Simple sides will be served with it...salad, corn, some kind of mac and cheese or shell pasta.

I'm cooking it in my big green egg.

big-green-egg.jpg

I've had it for about 7 years. I grill and smoke with it. It's fucking priceless.

I usually smoke a turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Fuck a deep fried turkey. With the Egg it's so smokey and juicy. You cant beat it.

I have heard great things about those eggs - - never seen or tried one though.

As well - why would you cut up a great piece of meat like that? Marinate it then cook it and make a sauce, less slicing = more moisture retention.

7-8 pound whole pork loins are like 12 bucks at costco

cheap enough to do any way you want really

Bingo!

It's basically left over from fathers day when we ate 1/3 of it.

And Tic. It's not a tenderloin it's a loin. So it's no big deal. And trust me when I say it will be awesome. ;)

My camera is borked. :(

It was better this time but I still cooked it about 10 minutes too long. It was still juicy but not perfect.

Yeah I use my thermometer. But that still doesn't help when It's drenched in a whole bottle of honey and tons of other extras. I thought I timed it right but just misjudged. It was really rare and I thought 20 more minutes would do it. but hey it's pork...it cooks faster then chicken. Oh and I had it controlled right at 350. It's nice to be good enough to control charcoal temp. :D

Back