thinking of quitting WoW for EVE

Surge

Veteran X
i'm not a carebear

WoW right now is broing, it's all PvE carebear instance 100% safe dragon bullshit that you do every day, all week hoping for your gear to drop

i want to be able to login, do whatever i want whenever i want, and kick somebodys ass just because i feel like it

how long does this game take before it gets "fun"? i've barely talked to anyone about EVE before, but they said it takes ahwile before you can do much in the game, the newb days of the game are boring as fuck. is this true? what's the learning curve like?

Hey man, I was in the exact same boat. Played a 60 mage to death for about a year, and boy do I regret not switching to eve sooner.

Yes what you hear is true, Eve is pretty dull at first. Until you have the skills and ISK (thats money) to support yourself in the most dangerous parts of space, the game is a bit of a grind.

Once you do get the skills/moneys to get to the fun stuff expect to go through some frustrating growing pains. Like getting pirated, or downright destroyed just because someone else with a much bigger ship wants to vent.

However all that said, it is a blast. The open design of the game is pretty cool, and hanging out with TW is never boring. Hanible has posted some very good guides, we have a newb corp set up in game, and fellow T-dubbers will most likely help fund you beggining. Sure eve can be a rough start, but with tribalwar helping out you will be leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else.

You will get blown to hell many times at first. But if you show dedication, the TW/FREEE guys will make sure you never go without a ship. The grinding at first is only bad if you're working without direction, once you choose a path it isn't bad at all. Hope to see you in game.

I will sell you my account for $50, he has quite enough ISK to start out with, and a cruiser... more then enough to let you familiarize yourself with the basics and then jump right in. He also has most of the learning skills, teir 2 level 4 memory and int.

The only reason im asking 50 is because he still has 700,000ISK, and the other $20 makes up my loss for playing for 2 months.

onos! 700k. Dont do it,it so isnt even close to worth 50$.
I can make 700,000k in about 15 mins. And i suck Been playing a month and next week i get my mining barge :)

i've got about 140 mil ISK on my deactivated account

going to set a skill to train right before my subscription expires on the 18th, one that takes like 40 days to complete, and then maybe come back in a month or so

game got boring guys. i regret having spent so much time training Mining Barge shit. in fact, if you're just now starting up the game, train combat oriented skills, stuff that lets you participate in fleet stuff without feeling like a gnat on a horse's ass.

i only posted because it saves him about a month and a half of training skills. so he can skip the crap and get into it... its either try and sell it or deactivate... i dont have the funds to keep the account going.

Kerpals said:
yeah triple BS spawns own,
but what about ULTRA HAXOR CROKITE/MEX MINEAGE??
that shit pulls in a bil a week..

I can load up 7 miner 2s on a BS, tank and mine and make shitloads on crokite or dark ochre as well. I prefer ratting though since there is a little more action involved. Mining makes my teeth itch, puts my ass to sleep and generally just sucks. Watching paint dry is more fun I think.

Hell, ratting in 0.0 brings in cash.

Glad to see you in EVE. I myself dropped WoW (got boring as hell) and then discovered EVE. Life has been good.

i have pateinces. And when i am pulling in 58mill a hour on my coveter,i can afford any ship i want really. Factor in by then i'll have lvl 5 learning with level 5 advanced learning skills,skills wont be to bad either eh ;)

-=TTC=-Serpreme said:
i have pateinces. And when i am pulling in 58mill a hour on my coveter,i can afford any ship i want really. Factor in by then i'll have lvl 5 learning with level 5 advanced learning skills,skills wont be to bad either eh ;)

I have mining 4, mining upgrades 4, in my apoc with 8 miner 2's and 2 mining upgrades I and my tank buddy with my alt hauling, and his barge do pretty well in 0.0 mining, it does get boring, until you refine it and see that you just made 100mil each in a couple hours time.

I like ratting, but I like to sometimes watch a movie, or do something else while I mine away so it isnt that bad all the time.

Back