Potentially Disastrous EVE Exploit

Lockout
02-24-2006, 21:59
It is now possible for people to be in a system without showing up in local chat. I won't explain how to do it, of course, but it is fairly easy to do. (Don't try it, you might end up getting banned or something.)

A blob of 10-15 guys showed up in the system I live in, without being in local, and ganked a friendly. Fortunately, another friendly managed to get it on fraps.

Proof: http://www.eve-files.com/media/0602/BANN!.wmv

(I enjoy the vid's commentary)

BEAST420
02-25-2006, 06:05
I was hoping for a scrolling list of who was doing it.

edit: I'm not even sure I understand what that was about.

Lockout
02-25-2006, 14:32
I was hoping for a scrolling list of who was doing it.

edit: I'm not even sure I understand what that was about.Heh, it's not hard to understand. There are 10-15 outlaws in the system, a bunch of them attacking someone in a belt, but not one of them is showing up in local chat (You're always supposed to be in local chat when you're in a system.)

As for the people doing it, look up the corp Arcana Imperii Ltd. Most of the people involved were caught on various screenshots, but they're not necessary, as the GMs apparently have logs of when people join/leave local chat and such.

Here's the petition response:

Hi. I would first like to thank you for the entertaining fraps :) It
caused a general happiness with my fellow GMs.
It is known what is causing this and it will be fixed in the next
patch. I will take further look at the characters involved in this
incident and take the appropriate actions.

Would you like to open the petition ?
I hope they get permabanned for being such idiots, but the petition response is fairly vague, so I have no idea what will happen.