The only thing I don't like about Eve...

Afterimage

Contributor
Veteran XX
Is the clipping. With all the great amount of detail put into most other aspects of the game, I think it's lame that when you set a course for such and such system, you sometimes fly right through the nearest planet. :rolleyes: Would it have been that hard to go around so the planets at least feel real?

If thats the only thing you don't like it must be flipping out about how great it is. :)

Look at the amount of time you spend in warp bubble... look at how much more time if you were warping around planets and stations. Personally I'll gladly trade a few wasted hours so I don't notice my ship flying around planets.

*Female vioce* Warp ARC drive activated.

Super bank turns. :huh: Not really worth it I agree, but could be cool.
Can you Imagine if it was up to you to check to see if your path is clear first,(Im guessing it would be more like that IRL) And if you didnt you lost your ship into a planet. Opps.
Once again I agree but dont think its worth redoing. The jaggies on stations bug me more. That might be my machine but the filters are on for it.

gOOse...

|Rx|Hubris said:
If thats the only thing you don't like it must be flipping out about how great it is. :)
Actually, I am. :) This will likely be the first MMO I've ever paid for. After T:V I was kinda let down about how dumbed-down it was and this game is so in-depth it almost hurts my head! But I'm a details-oriented guy, and to see so much detail put in is just awesome.

Look at the amount of time you spend in warp bubble... look at how much more time if you were warping around planets and stations. Personally I'll gladly trade a few wasted hours so I don't notice my ship flying around planets.
Yeah, I'll agree. Thankfully though when I'm in warp/stargating the game doesn't freak out when I alt+tab to TW or SA. :) And at that, for 2003 graphics they're pretty good.

I can't believe how much there is to learn in this game. Even after completing the tutorial (I think I'm done) I still feel like I'm left out in the open. There are so many skills to acquire, so much equipment to get, I don't even yet realize what "roles" there are to play in the game yet.

Wow.

I've been playing for almost 5 months now, and I still feel left out in the open sometimes :p

As for time spent in warp, alignment, and other navigation issues, there are skills available to make things faster and smoother :)

As for clipping through planets, you can only warp in a straight line. It would be a big pain in the ass to have to navigate around 12+ planets + moons + roids + stargates. It would take over an hour per decent sized system! Not to mention most highways are 10-15+ jumps.

I'm not saying it'd be convenient. But so many other things in this game are fairly realistic (I love the market system), I was surprised to see this problem. Actually, IMHO it's a bit of a shame they used a fictional universe... it'd be cool if they used real starcharts, etc. to build the "playground" for the game.

Anyway the game rocks. I evemailed NAT Mav but he never responded. :( I want to join my TW buddies at some point.

BEAST420 said:
As for clipping through planets, you can only warp in a straight line. It would be a big pain in the ass to have to navigate around 12+ planets + moons + roids + stargates.
Travelin' thru hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy.

:boogie:

Back