Venturing into 0.0

Profhet

Veteran X
When do I know I can go into 0.0 and not get annihilated?
Right now I only have 600,000 or so skill points, I have a thorax, I can fit medium turrets, miner II, 4 drones, I'll have learning V in 6 days or so.
Im not in a hurry, but if I can float around in 0.0 and not take too harsh a losses, I would like to be out there.

Not reallly related to your question, but I wouldn't train learning 5 until you've trained all the other attribute-boosting skills to 5 (except for charisma) and trained the advanced learning skills.

Well you won't be killing much with what you have, but you can easily join in on mining ops and such. Most of us fly around in frigs back & forth from empire and have few problems. We monitor regional alliance channels to avoid running into gangs of bad guys.

I second what NATMav said. Fit some WCSs on the Thorax and give us a yell when you want to know if it's safe to come up, and we'll help you. Alternatively, I have a convoy scheduled to come up from Nonni to L-C next Tuesday night, you're welcome to come with us.

Profhet said:
WCS=warp core stab?

Yes.

I second what was said above, but I'd like to add that there isn't much danger out in 0.0 if you pay attention. Just make sure you have the instas for E-CP8R to L-C307, and from C4C <-> LC <-> K4 <-> 8s and you'll be good.

I would highly recommend hooking up with an experienced 0.0 pilot for your first trip up, and listen to what they have to say. It will help to keep you alive... ;)

It really is a rare occasion when there are hostiles roaming about unknowingly. Keep an eye on the regional com channels (ask in TW eve chat to get the channel names) and you should be able to keep yourself informed of enemy movement.

don't get into the mind set that "if you get a bigger ship, you'll last longer" because it isn't true :p 0.0 space is dangerous for everyone. if you get into a bs expecting to be immune to that danger, you won't like eve :X

also, you CAN pvp right this second... train ew skills at the least as that is how you can make an instant impact in a fleet. if you want to try it out, mention it ingame and those of us that are hooked on it can point you in the right direction :sunny:

go there for fun i guess
u cant pvp cuz u will get owned
u cant mine cuz theres npc pirates
and u cant kill the npc pirates =/

maybe im a pussy for not going into 0.0 often (i lost 2 throns today)

and where is tribalwar based?

Last edited:
Well I turned off Learning V, and am doing instant recall and analytical mind. I think Ill just hang out where I am till I get a stack of EW skills trained up, by then Ill have a nice stash of ISk and probably a little better ship skills.

Kerpals said:
max out memory first.. then get eid mem to lvl 4, then intel then the rest of ur skills = best efficiency
Ed 4 is a waste, it would take over half a year training up a memory-primary skill to pay it off. 3 is as high as you need to go.

oH kAY, SO now Im kind of lost :)

What level should I bring all these Learning skills upto?

I have plenty of time, obviously raising to V on all of them would be great but is 3 plenty for now?

ps Thanks for all the patience and answers.

You should take every skill but charisma to level 3 on its second tier, unless you rolled a character that already has a lot of points in any one atribute. Learning itself should be left at 4, it takes too long to pay back Learning 5.

I'm in a similar boat, but a much cheaper ship.

I have me a merlin friggate with 2 rail guns /125 +150 mm and 2 Launchers
and I have the following skills and was wondering if i could go out in a group and fire some shots off.

Intelligence 10
Perception 12
Charisma 6
Willpower 15
Memory 10

Long Range Targetting 1
Targetting 2
Weapon Disruption 1

Gunnery 3
Motion Prediction 1
Rapid Firing 1
Sharp Shooter 1