Skills for battleships

Fatman

Veteran XX
What are the skills i should not be without for my battleship assuming i stay interested long enough to raise the cash to buy one.

This long grind to battle ship has made me a bit bored of eve lately.
Not only that but lately seems all I do is mine or haul shit in a quest to make money. Kinda boring. I'm hoping once i get the bs I can branch out a bit and do something a bit more exciting than flying back and forth all the time.

All my agents are 55 jumps from the pos it just sucks..

I'm trying to get all my ships consolidated in korama atm. Then i will make the trip down again. I have my bc left to pickup.

Getting the skills to pilot a BS is one thing. Getting the skills to pilot, fit and survive in a BS is something completely different. Getting skills for powergrid and capacitor up to 5 is a big help. Electronics up to 5 will get you easier fittings by increasing your CPU. Mechanic and Hull Upgrades help your hull and armor respectively. And those are just the BARE basics.

Personally, I really don't plan on owning a battleship for quite a while, since taking it into a PvP scenario with my current skills would result in the quick loss of a battleship along with a lot of pointing and laughing from my enemies.

Well, to keep myself busy during slow periods, I just found a Security Agent in Torrinos that's I've been running around for today. All of the missions so far have been within 1 jump except for one.

I bought my Raven BS @ about 800k in SPs - which is relatively new. I had no level 5 skills (still don't) and can survive solo LV3 missions. I didn't really NEED to buy a BS, as I wasn't even taking advantage of 50% of what my Caracal had to offer, but I had the cash and figured why the hell not. I would say w/ my current skills (1.3 mil SPs), I'm taking advantage of about 20% of what my Raven is capable of.

When you can start throwing on tech 2 mods, it's a whole new ball game.

You need atleast 1 mil skillpoints in gunnery to be effective in BS. Or missiles if you are using Caldari ships.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna work towards getting myself in a Manticore covert ops frig when I can. Obviously, with the way the game is balanced right now, Frig 5 is almost a must to be a potent combat threat.

Ontrose said:
You need atleast 1 mil skillpoints in gunnery to be effective in BS. Or missiles if you are using Caldari ships.

i think that's what you need to be effective in a frig honestly =/

go domi with heavy drones trained and hull upgrades 4
then u can tank all day and just sit there and let your drones kill
this is the most effective BS in the shortest amount of time
also put on a few med rails

Back