Can I contribute while in newb space?

blah
10-20-2005, 21:17
So I'm still relatively new to the game (about 1.3 mil SPs) and am happy doing L3/L4 missions in .9 space w/ a friend. Does it make sense for me (and him) to join the corp. if we're not going to move out to 0.0 space?

BEAST420
10-20-2005, 22:17
why would you want to stay in emp? 0.0 is where the bling is

Teflonatron
10-21-2005, 01:05
You can make a lot of isk out in 0.0 contributing to mining operations, killing 0.0 belt rats, or you can even just have fun hunting down and ganking other players if you feel you're up to the challange. (personally, I still run like a little *****... :D)

Mostly, I just like hanging out with all the other TW'ers, and mostly we are at our bases/pos out in 0.0.

adrian ng
10-21-2005, 10:12
You sound like one of our more experienced guys.

blah
10-21-2005, 17:48
How easy is it to go back and forth between TW's 0.0 area and secure space (in case you wanna do missions)? If you're in a BS equipped w/ warp stabs, you are pretty much unstoppable unless you're ganked by like 5+ pirates right? ... especially if you setup insta-warp bookmarks right?

Teflonatron
10-21-2005, 18:00
We have instas for the entire Lonetrek region, and for Torrinos -> L-C307, Korama -> L-C307, and for a lot of the Fade region where C4C-Z4 (refinery), L-C307 (Corp Office), and our POS (8S2S-Q?) are located. (Join the corp, ask for them, and ye shall receive. :))

With instas, you are pretty much invulnerable once in warp (unless you get caught by a bubble [mobile deployable warp disruptor]) if you jump as soon as you exit warp. Where you have to watch yourself is once you go through a gate. There could be a camp on the other side (like you stated above...5+ pirates/enemy alliance members).

The problem here will be that you are vulnerable while entering warp. If your ship is quick enough, they wont be able to lock you before you warp. If they try to disrupt you, you will pretty much be helpless against multiple quick lockers/disuptors. If you are going up against two pirates with -2 disuptors, you will need at least 4 WCS to prevent them from catching you.

Otherwise, if you have 2 WCS, you should be safe... relatively....scared yet? :D

There is danger out in 0.0 of course, mainly from very experienced solo PVP'ers, or from 2 or more in a squad. If you take the above precautions though, you should come out of a hairy situation still in tact.

It is one hell of an adreniline rush though when you get away after taking some damage... :D

Oh, make sure you check local chat, and do a show info on anybody you don't recognize to check their relationship standing. If they are hostile, WATCH OUT!! If they are neutral, BE CAREFUL! Rules vary from Fade to Deklein region, where neutral is Kill On Sight (KOS) in Dek, and verify friendly in Fade.

Join the Fade Con and Dekcom channels and report any enemy movement you see. DO NOT REPORT FRIENDLY ACTION SUCH AS FRIENDLY GATE CAMPS!!!! ENEMIES MAY BE WATCHING!!! :D