Bookmarks for Jurlasel to Torrinos

Senty

Veteran XX
Send an evemail to Kieeki Teedub and I will escrow you the set of bookmars at the Jurlesel VIII station. It's 60+ bookmarks, making up the Jurl to Torr trip as well as a Jurlasel to Oursalet Route.

The idea behind these is simple, instead of warping to a gate when you travel you warp to the bookmark which should land you directly on top of the gate, hence no need to waste 5 minutes at each system flying up to the gate for your next jump.

When I escrow them to you they will be all together just a mash of 60 bookmarks, so do yourself a favor and create folders in your People & Places/Places named:
Routes Lonetrek
Routes Everyshore
Routes Essence
Routes The Citadel
Routes The Forge

Then take the Escrow package, open it and drag the bookmarks inside into your people and places/places, then sort by the region column and begin putting them in the corresponding folders.

When testing them in my shuttle almost all landed me within 0m of the gate, a few however were off by a max of 1km, still close enough to instajump. If you find any obviously flawed jumps, landing you too far to instajump, tell me and I'll make the appropriate changes, and please take note of how far behind or ahead of the gate you landed after the jump.

Once again evemail Kieeki Teedub and I'll escrow you the package.

Last edited:
No you can't leave but you get there faster than you do with an autopilot that flies up to the gate at every stop, and when you're in a ship that flies 200m/s that 15km means an extra half hour.

With the bookmarks your trip is only as long as it takes you to warp from A to B, without you need to add that fly up time at each gate. So yes, you can't walk away but it takes you half the time or less to get there.

I can not figure out how to use these for the life of me, and I've created and used my own bookmarks. A little more explanation on the labeling would help.

You've got ABC to XYZ, does that mean that ABC is the system I'm in, and XYZ is the system I want to jump to? Because right now, I'll be in ABC, and want to go to DEF, but I only have bookmarks for ABC to GHI, ABC to JKL, and ABC to MNO, none of which are even available from ABC.

A to B is from Stargate to A to Stargate to B. The path was my autopilot set to stay in safezones.

In Jurlasel I have bookmarks from the VIII station to every Stargate (Base to A, Base to B, Base to C) and from Every Stargate to VII (All to Base)

Which ones are you missing, maybe the escrow got screwed up.

BTW if anyone else has trouble with these (like me), they are labeled:

Previous system to Next system

So if you're leaving Torrinos, and jump into Ibura, with Yoma being the next system, the bookmark is Torr to Yoma, not Ibura to Yoma. That's what screwed me up.

And the green ones are the ones you can use, so the easy way is to just look at the target system of any green bookmarks you have.

Umm Mav, the available bms showup in the list when you rightclick in space. You don't need to keep people and places open just put them there, organize them and close it.

So are they working out fine, like I said I only tested them on shuttles and would like input on performance with bigger ships

The bookmarks should just be labelled after the gate they take you too.

Gate(Torrinos), Gate(Ibura), etc. Thats all a bookmark is, a end point. Doesn't matter where you are comming from.

Actually it does matter, sometimes one bookmark may work for more than one gate, sometimes it wont, it all depends on where you're coming from.

AB -----> C <-----D

Imagine that situation, the bookmarks from A to C or B to C may be interchangable but if you try to use it when coming out of D it will land you a good 20km away from gate C.

Back