TW thoughts on the Warrior

Got Haggis?

Veteran XX
most posts over on the WoW forums seem to say that the warrior class is horrible.

i'm currently lvl 14 and don't feel like starting over (i dont have a ton of time on my hands)

the only thing that i've noticed that even though my 2 handed axe skill is maxed out, i miss all the freaking time with it. and i've also noticed that sometimes if i take on 2 creatures, even lower level than me, sometimes i die.

is the hunter really the most powerful class, esp in pvp?

The warriors I play with tear through most everything. Since they can wield guns, they also make excellent pullers (in the right hands). Where I love having a warrior is instances though. A warrior can pull aggro off of me (healing) in 0.1 seconds where the paladins I'm with really have a tough time building up hate. I'm not sure on the whole missing thing, it could just be certain mobs (I know some mobs I can hit for full damage every swing, while others I'm whiffing, and if I do hit I get in maybe 1/10 of my damage). As for adds, since you can't heal in battle, I guess bring potions? Maybe someone else can offer on how to deal with adds.

Hunters only really solo well. In PvP your pet pretty much means nothing. I'm not saying they are terrible, it's just that when taking a hunter 1v1, the hunter will usually go down first.

Warriors need a little love for pvp like a 2 handed interupt or let them charge in combat again. Really if you can close into your target though you will ripe them up.

I have reached the conclusion that 2H weapons naturally have a higher miss rate than single handed weapons.

All the more reason to favor the weapon that has a faster speed rather than the one that has a higher damage range (while having the same DPS between them).

I don't see that Warriors are particularly low tier...even if they are, I'll still play 'em because (a) I think they're the shit, (b) I think Rage > mana, and (c) everybody and their dog plays Paladin for tanking. I thrive on being different, even if it makes me suck.

I'm also getting shredded up by two or more creatures of lower levels.

The funny thing is - I tried to create a character that was good with multi-creature combat (Level 18 Tauren Shaman). Sigh. Stomp + fire totems aren't as good as I was hoping.

Anyway...the bottom line is that Warriors probably aren't any worse off, imo.

In ST/OB, my shaman could take 2 +1's easily. Lightning shield + flameshock for intermittent damage + stoneskin + searing totem (the AE totem will get knocked down immediately) + healing totem if you have it. Bust your most powerful instacast when it becomes available (usually earthshock) and keep meleeing. Helps if you keep lightening shield up because you'll still be doing damage to the second mob. The only multiples that bothered my shammy were those stupid hunter crabs with 5000 mini 1HP crabs. Get 2 of those and you're fucked, can't melee due to a hit every 1/10 seconds and can't run because of the main hunter's stun. When you start messing around in the charred vail you'll get used to getting an add every 30 seconds and you'll have to figure out a strategy just to quest.

Slurp said:
I'm also getting shredded up by two or more creatures of lower levels.

The funny thing is - I tried to create a character that was good with multi-creature combat (Level 18 Tauren Shaman). Sigh. Stomp + fire totems aren't as good as I was hoping.

Anyway...the bottom line is that Warriors probably aren't any worse off, imo.

hey slurp, lots of OX are playing WoW and we have a guild...you should hook up with us.

Warriors do need some work. Your abilities are underpowered, and you don't have nearly as many HP as you should. I owned a level 40 warrior yesterday. At the time I was 33. He couldn't do anything to me.

Level 14 isnt going to tell you ANYTHING about the warrior, talk to us after your at least lvl 20

Personally its not bad at all, I have trouble soloing anything but if I'm matched up with a healer your going down.

i played a warrior to lvl 21 in FP beta/OB beta, and thats why i rolled a paladin on the live servers. Pvping is fun as hell w/ my Paly

I think you should just start a new character if you're unhappy.

I just started a new character, and it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I have a much better eye for getting maximum gain now. I was level 8 within several hours.

Just do it. I'll give you all the leather goods you can carry.

I'm liking my warrior. He's not nearly as powerful as a shaman (my second choice) but he's still fun. I play horde so pally wasn't an option. I trust that blizzard will fix warriors eventually. The reason they got broken was that they were one of the first classes with talents, so they got compared to classes without them. Eh, it's all good.

I'm a lvl 30 tauren warrior, 1450hp, 2k ac (40% mitigation vrs creatures my lvl). I'm doing axe/shield for now but will respec at 40 to MS and polearm.

Back