Imps and Voidwalkers

Madend said:
both- you won't always have a soulstone to spare and imps have their uses

yup, you want both. dunno bout in the higher levels but at least in the first 20. and if you don't know, the voidwalker acts as a tank for you, they have alot of health/defense, where as the imp just adds some extra damage and is weak and fragile. and you'll need the imp's help every now and again to get a soulstone to summon the VW.

If your solo use the Void Walker. In groups where you have a very solid tank bust that imp out for the blood rage stamina buff + extra damage until you get the succubuss, that bitch owns. Another good thing about that imp is that since it only casts ranged attacks you dont have to really worry about it chasing down fleeing mobs and getting your group more aggro in instances.

I've found the VW to be useful in groups in a high aggro area, because as I see an add, I'll sick the VW on him and let him take the knocks until my tank becomes available. It's kind of like a queue system. :)

i hope you realise they lvl with you. If you are just asking about buying spells, the only thing you dont need is the succubuses soothing kiss. Pulling agro off her is easy.

Why would you need to "ditch" the Imp, anyway? Just keep the Summon Imp and Summon Voidwalker speels on the same dedicated skill bar for summons.

And yeah, the Imp stamina buffs are very nice considering he's the first critter you get. I don't get to use him much, though, because I'm either soloing or teaming up with the rest of the Turrents, most of whom are fellow Warlocks.

when you get your void, just use it until level 30 or so. dont even invest in imp spells (save your money).

HOWEVER

once you get into 30s, you will find that investing back in the imp is worth it. at 40 or so, you can even solo with the imp if you are set up for melee.

succubus is ideal for grouping, although the imp rocks too, unless the group is weak on tanks (then pull out void). likewise, higher levels when you are going against magic chars the felhunter becomes valuable. but the imp can own in groups too.

a lot depends on your playstyle and how well you manage melee.

i myself rely heavily on staff and melee, cuz i like to save mana whenever possible.

so, again, dont even invest in the imp until you are in the 30s and can get higher rank stuff. the imp rocks for grouping too.

once you hit 30s, you also need the imp available and boosted up for pvp.

vw is best for solo'ing and for groups with less than 2 tanks

imp is best when u have more than 2 tanks in a group and are lacking casters

felhunter > succubus > imp > vw in PVP. no one pays attention to the VW so its primary function (to aggro), is null for PVP and makes it useless (except for sacrifice, which isnt a very good tradeoff).

if you are in contested territories, better have ur imp skills up, and have it out, there fireball helps alot.

i just got my felhunter (last night), and havent done much with the succubus either, so im still learnin..

yes, imp becomes badass and useful.

but i wouldnt advise wasting money on the lower level skills for the imp or succubus. wait until the ranks are higher and then just invest in the high 30s.

Back