What class is naturally easy for you?

Astramech

Veteran X
I spent the first 4 days of WoW struggling to get a warrior to level 12

then i failed miserably with an undead warlock......and worse with a mage

Then i tried playing as a Troll Shaman and it took my 4 hours yesterday to make it up to level 8. 2 hours today and hes level 11 right now. Guess i play easier with shaman, Which class feels natural to you guys?

Only classes I didnt like leveling in the multitude I made where shaman warrior and rogue. guess I got a thing against meleeing?

maybe..

i just cannot stand pure melee'ers or pure spellcasters, its nice to have variety. The shaman fire dot and stoneshock are great for damage and stopping spellcasters

Sounds like you just suck at the game.
Shamans are going to be gimp'd sooner than later as they are horribly overpowered.

I've been enjoying my Warlock experience. I don't really foresee any other classes that are so strong in the solo department. Sometimes, jsut for fun, I get four creatures going in a fear juggle/dot fest...

Good XP and usually draws on a crowd of gawkers. :)

(Only do that with Animals as they don't BAF)

Anguish said:
Sounds like you just suck at the game.
Shamans are going to be gimp'd sooner than later as they are horribly overpowered.

I've been enjoying my Warlock experience. I don't really foresee any other classes that are so strong in the solo department. Sometimes, jsut for fun, I get four creatures going in a fear juggle/dot fest...

Good XP and usually draws on a crowd of gawkers. :)

(Only do that with Animals as they don't BAF)

warlocks are more overpowered than shamans.

Warlocks are the most powerful class, but their complexity keeps them in check. That is to say, Warlocks have the potential to be gods, but they're so difficult to play as such that most people will never try (hence why they're the least populated class). I'm also surprised there aren't more people playing Shadow Priests.

I personally love my hunter.

Fool said:
I'm also surprised there aren't more people playing Shadow Priests.

I was going to go shadow priest...but I think I may pay to redo talents later on (probly around level 30). It has become clear that I am 100% more useful keeping people alive with my mana rather then trying to deal damage part of the time (time I could be using to keep people alive).

Fool said:
Warlocks are the most powerful class, but their complexity keeps them in check. That is to say, Warlocks have the potential to be gods, but they're so difficult to play as such that most people will never try (hence why they're the least populated class). I'm also surprised there aren't more people playing Shadow Priests.

From what I've heard having to farm soul shards in the heat of a PvP battle becomes a real pain in the ass. Warlocks are the kings of solo PvE and I think a well played one would do very well in PvP. I had fun playing one for a little while but the soul shard issue turned me away from them. At 60 I want to be able to jump into PvP and not be totally dependent on other items. However, all classes benefit from good preparation. I've tried just about every class up to 10 or so and I love my rogue. Being able to stealth, CC and do dirty damage is a blast. My gf is playing a shadow priest and I'm also surprised I don't see more people playing them. I've seen some cool vids and they own in PvP.

LostDuck said:
I was going to go shadow priest...but I think I may pay to redo talents later on (probly around level 30). It has become clear that I am 100% more useful keeping people alive with my mana rather then trying to deal damage part of the time (time I could be using to keep people alive).

Ya, shadow is nice for solo/duo/pvp, but when you're in an instance group, people got you to heal, not nuke. The only time I find I can easily open up with anything other than DoTs is when I have a warrior. I pull aggro from everything else (even without mindblast). Personally, I'm doing a mix of shadow and holy. Enough shadow to make soloing a little easier and PvP a little more deadly, but plenty of holy to solo heal instances.

Fool said:

Dwarf or NE?
(or are you horde?)
As soon as I get this game I'm making a hunter, but I hear bows are sucking because there still isn't a fletching skill, so nobody can craft them, and there aren't enough bows to go around (so you have a huge gap between low level bows and high level ones).
Or maybe I'll make a rogue with a crossbow, but I hear crossbows are impossible to find as well :(

PyroTeknik said:
Or maybe I'll make a rogue with a crossbow, but I hear crossbows are impossible to find as well :(

not much point... you're better off pulling with your standard throwing knives... spend the money and time on daggers and swords...

I just started up a rogue on ticho last night and couldn't believe how easy it was (compared to when my priest was low level).

From what I've read about rogues and the vids I've watched they dominate up until about level 30 and then things start to balance out. I've heard many rogues say they had a very easy time until 30 and then things get much more difficult. At 60 most say they feel like they have a good balance. Rogues are situational characters; if you pick your targets and get the jump on someone you have a good chance to win, otherwise you'll get your ass handed to you. I think things look pretty well balanced. Shamans could maybe use some slight tweaking and warriors need better tools to manage aggro but all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. When played by a skilled player I don't think any one class is considered gimped.

PyroTeknik said:
Dwarf or NE?
(or are you horde?)
As soon as I get this game I'm making a hunter, but I hear bows are sucking because there still isn't a fletching skill, so nobody can craft them, and there aren't enough bows to go around (so you have a huge gap between low level bows and high level ones).

I'm a NE. People who complain about bows are retarded. The difference is minor. Technically there are crafted guns and ammo for them, which gives them a slight advantage, but NE can train in guns if a slight DPS advantage matters (we're talking decimals here). There are fewer high level bow drops, but I'm not overly concerned.

As for a rogue with and Xbow, you won't get autoshot so you'll have to click to shoot every time.

i played a warlock to 34 and loved it until they announced their implementation of the infernal and doomguard.

i gave a warrior a shot and couldn't stand it.

i now play a rogue and am quite satisfied.

Back