Warlock Talents

FalseMyrmidon

1700+
Veteran XV
http://mash.users.whitehat.dk/warlockpvp.txt
Class: Warlock
Level: 60

By Mash
Notes: Feel free to swap around points in Affliction. Note the three spare points as well.
Both tier-one talents in Destruction are horrible, but I went with cataclysm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Affliction Talents (32 points)

Improved Corruption - 5/5 points
Reduces the casting time of your Corruption spell by 2 seconds.

Improved Life Tap - 2/2 points
Increases the amount of Mana awarded by your Life Tap spell by 20%.

Improved Drain Life - 3/5 points
Increases the Health drained by your Drain Life spell by 6%.

Fel Concentration - 5/5 points
Gives you a 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while channelling the Drain Life, Drain Mana, or Drain Soul spell.

Amplify Curse - 1/1 point
Increases the effect of your next Curse of Weakness, Curse of Agony, or Curse of Exhaustion by 50%.

Grim Reach - 2/2 points
Increases the range of your Affliction spells by 20%.

Nightfall - 2/2 points
Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 3% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent.
The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by 100%.

Curse of Exhaustion - 1/1 point
Reduces the target's speed to 90% of normal for 15 seconds. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.

Improved Curse of Exhaustion - 4/4 points
Increases the speed reduction of your Curse of Exhaustion by 20%.

Siphon Life - 1/1 point
Transfers 13 health from the target to the caster every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.

Shadow Mastery - 5/5 points
Increases the damage dealt or life drained by your Shadow spells by 10%.

Dark Pact - 1/1 point
Drains 250 of your pet's Mana, returning 100% to you.

Demonology Talents (5 points)

Demonic Embrace - 5/5 points
Increases your total Stamina by 15%, but reduces your total Spirit by 5%.

Destruction Talents (11 points)

Cataclysm - 5/5 points
Reduces the Mana cost of your Destruction spells by 5%.

Bane - 5/5 points
Reduces the casting time of your Shadow Bolt and Immolate spells by 0.5 seconds.

Shadowburn - 1/1 point
Instantly blasts the target with 87 to 90 Shadow damage. Requires 1 Soul Shard.
If the target dies from Shadowburn, and yields experience, the caster gains a Soul Shard.

Unspent talent points: 3

Test your talent builds here:
http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Talents.View&category_select_id=10

Good warlock spell list:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html?class=Warlock

All these links were stolen from the Warlock FAQ thread on the Blizzard WoW forums (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-warlock&t=1050&p=1&tmp=1#post1050)

ive been studying this class alot as im playing it as my main.

The problem with that build is your destruction line. And a few other things.

Cataclysm - 5/5 points
This talent is a HUGE waist. At end game this does not even give you an extra shadowbolt if you have a mana pool of 4000. Complete and utter waste of 5 talent points.

I would replace this with 5 improved shadowbolt

Bane - 5/5 points
Reduces the casting time of your Shadow Bolt and Immolate spells by 0.5 seconds.
this is alright... but its a hard decision between this and stun. The only reason you would want this i think is if you wanted to keep the agro on you instead of an imp. But there is no improve imp in this build and casting a faster shadowbolt only is not really worth it. For me I would rather take the stun affect.

this should be maxed. No point in wasting 3 points in it if you aren't gonna max it out.

filsinger said:

Cataclysm - 5/5 points
This talent is a HUGE waist. At end game this does not even give you an extra shadowbolt if you have a mana pool of 4000. Complete and utter waste of 5 talent points.

I agree with you on that and that's what I have been intending to do. This is just a cookie cutter build that most people used in build or at least used modified versions of it.

Bane - 5/5 points
this is alright... but its a hard decision between this and stun. The only reason you would want this i think is if you wanted to keep the agro on you instead of an imp. But there is no improve imp in this build and casting a faster shadowbolt only is not really worth it. For me I would rather take the stun affect.

this should be maxed. No point in wasting 3 points in it if you aren't gonna max it out.
i'll respond to the rest later. I have to go to class.

filsinger said:

Cataclysm - 5/5 points

I agree with you on that and that's what I have been intending to do. This is just a cookie cutter build that most people used in build or at least used modified versions of it.

Bane - 5/5 points
Same here, I also plan on taking the stun effect.

I can't remember what I was going to say about that. I'll figure it out later...

Affliction Talents (19 points)

# Improved Corruption - 5/5 points
# Improved Life Tap - 2/2 points
# Improved Curse of Weakness - 3/3 points
Increases the effect of your Curse of Weakness by 20%.
# Fel Concentration - 5/5 points
Gives you a 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while channelling the Drain Life, Drain Mana, or Drain Soul spell.
# Amplify Curse - 1/1 point
Increases the effect of your next Curse of Weakness or Curse of Agony by 50%, or your next Curse of Exhaustion by 20%.
# Nightfall - 2/2 points
Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 3% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by 100%.
# Grim Reach - 1/2 point
Increases the range of your Affliction spells by 10%.

Demonology Talents (8 points)

# Demonic Embrace - 5/5 points
# Improved Imp - 3/3 points
Increases the effect of your Imp's Firebolt, Fire Shield, and Blood Pact spells by 30%.

Destruction Talents (24 points)

# Improved Shadow Bolt - 5/5 points
Your Shadow Bolt critical strikes increase the next 4 sources of Shadow damage dealt to the target by 20%.
# Bane - 5/5 points
# Shadowburn - 1/1 point
Instantly blasts the target with 87 to 99 Shadow damage. Requires 1 Soul Shard. If the target dies from Shadowburn, and yields experience, the caster gains a Soul Shard.
# Improved Firebolt - 2/2 points
Reduces the casting time of your Imp's firebolt spell by 1 second.
# Devastation - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your Destruction spells by 5%.
# Destructive Reach - 1/2 point
Increases the range of your Destruction spells by 10%.
# Intensity - 2/2 points
Gives you a 70% chance to resist interruptiong caused by damage while channeling the Rain of Fire or Hellfire spell.
# Ruin - 1/1 point
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Destruction spells by 100%.
# Pyroclasm - 2/2 points
Gives your Rain of Fire and Hellfire spells a ? chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

It's a work in progress.

And yes the first two destruction talents you have to choose from are shitty... but go with Improved Shadow Bolt.

Bane is a good thing, however. 2.5 second Shadow Bolts and 1.5 Second Immolate.

Oh, and I'm aware that Pyroclasm is kind of broken at the moment but I'm planning on investing in it if they fix it.

i believe the talents issue boils down to just a few core decisions.

1. do you want Dark Pact? it requires 30 affliction points and is ideal for the mana whores who rely heavy on shadow bolt chaining. if shadow bolt chains are your primary tactic, you prolly REALLY want this which means you should not invest outside affliction until you get it.

2. do you want Conflagrate? it requires 30 destruction points, and is ideal for those who take a DOT-approach and save on mana. if you are often teamed with tanks (or voids), then in the end this might be very useful objective. the high end destruction side allows rather robust shadow and fire damage, which would be very useful in big pvp struggles.

3. do you want to do melee? if so, you may want to invest in demonology and pump up your melee skills as well. with firestones, and more efficient demonology you can more heavily rely on your pets and simply bashing the hell out of mobs with a staff/sword/dagger. dont underestimate the warlock's ability to melee... especially since they can hold onto vast amounts of mana for heavy struggles that way. mix with alchemy for pimp status.

Affliction Talents (34 points)

# Improved Drain Life - 5/5 points
Increases the Health drained by your Drain Life spell by 10%.

Increases the effect of your next Curse of Weakness or Curse of Agony by 50%, or your next Curse of Exhaustion by 20%.

# Grim Reach - 2/2 points

# Nightfall - 2/2 points
Gives your Corruption and Drain Life spells a 3% chance to cause you to enter a Shadow Trance state after damaging the opponent. The Shadow Trance state reduces the casting time of your next Shadow Bolt spell by 100%.

# Curse of Exhaustion - 1/1 point
Reduces the target's speed to 90% of normal for 12 seconds. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.

# Improved Curse of Exhaustion - 4/4 points
Increases the speed reduction of your Curse of Exhaustion by 20%.

# Siphon Life - 1/1 point
Transfers 13 health from the target to the caster every 3 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.

# Shadow Mastery - 5/5 points

# Dark Pact - 1/1 point
Drains 150 of your pet's Mana, returning 100% to you.

Demonology Talents (6 points)

# Demonic Embrace - 5/5 points

# Improved Imp - 1/3 point
Increases the effect of your Imp's Firebolt, Fire Shield, and Blood Pact spells by 10%.

Your Shadow Bolt critical strikes increase the next 4 sources of Shadow damage dealt to the target by 20%.

# Bane - 5/5 points

# Shadowburn - 1/1 point
Instantly blasts the target with 87 to 99 Shadow damage. Requires 1 Soul Shard. If the target dies from Shadowburn, and yields experience, the caster gains a Soul Shard.

this is one im considering.

here is also a super imp build im half considering

Affliction Talents (31 points)

# Improved Drain Life - 5/5 points
Increases the Health drained by your Drain Life spell by 10%.

# Grim Reach - 2/2 points

# Nightfall - 2/2 points

# Improved Drain Mana - 2/2 points
Causes ? of the Mana drained by your Drain Mana spell to damage the opponent.

# Siphon Life - 1/1 point

# Shadow Mastery - 5/5 points

# Dark Pact - 1/1 point
Drains 150 of your pet's Mana, returning 100% to you.

Demonology Talents (7 points)

# Demonic Embrace - 4/5 points
Increases your total Stamina by 12%, but reduces your total Spirit by 4%.

# Improved Imp - 3/3 points
Increases the effect of your Imp's Firebolt, Fire Shield, and Blood Pact spells by 30%.

Destruction Talents (13 points)

# Bane - 5/5 points

# Shadowburn - 1/1 point

# Improved Firebolt - 2/2 points
Reduces the casting time of your Imp's firebolt spell by 1 second.

Back