Mage Talents

Bohica

Veteran XV
Veteran XX
What kind of builds are people doing? So far (lvl 24), I've taken:

5 Fire/Impact (10% chance to stun for 2 sec with fire spells)
5 Fire/Ignite (crits from fire spells cause 40% additional damage over 4 sec)
2 Fire/Burning Soul (50% chance to not losing casting time on fire spells when being hit)
3 Fire/Improved Fire Blast (reduces cooldown of Blast by 1 sec)

I've almost got Blast's cooldown low enough that I can continuously Fball/Blast without having to wait for Blast to become available again.

im split between arcane and fire... im thinking about whiping my ice talents all together but now at 26 i have that cone spell that kicks ass

Bohica said:
What kind of builds are people doing? So far (lvl 24), I've taken:

5 Fire/Impact (10% chance to stun for 2 sec with fire spells)
5 Fire/Ignite (crits from fire spells cause 40% additional damage over 4 sec)
2 Fire/Burning Soul (50% chance to not losing casting time on fire spells when being hit)
3 Fire/Improved Fire Blast (reduces cooldown of Blast by 1 sec)

I've almost got Blast's cooldown low enough that I can continuously Fball/Blast without having to wait for Blast to become available again.
I've since maxed Improved Arcane Missiles (5/5) for 100% uninterruptible on damage arcane missiles. I've got 3 or 4 spare skill points, and I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Evocation would be cool, but then I'd have to bury another 5 pts in arcane to unlock it. I'd like to eventually unlock Fire Power as well, but it seems like I'd have to waste so many pts in shit I don't want :/ Guess those are the breaks.

Now, I refuse to believe I'm the only Mage on TW. What're you homos building? ;)

32 Mage

Doing the 31arcane/20fire route

5/5 improved arcane missiles
2/5 arcane focus
5/5 arcane concentration
1/1 evocation
5/5 improved arcane explosion
2/2 improved mana shield
2/2 improved counterspell
1/1 prescence of mind
4/4 arcane mind
3/3 arcane instability
1/1 arcane power

5/5 improved fireball
5/5 impact
2/2 flame throwing
5/5 ignite
1/1 pyroblast
2/3 burning soul or 2/2 incinerate (unsure which I want yet)

So far I have 5/5 improved arcane missiles, 5/5 arcane concentration, 1/1 evocation, and all fire except impact and burning soul/incinerate

I'm at 22, almost 23, and so far I've spent:

5/5 improved arcane missiles
2/5 impact
5/5 improved fireball

I think the improved arcane is essential if you are going to solo a lot -not being interupted by attacks is really powerful.

A lot of people skip the arcane, as a lot of its benefits don't really help do more damage, but I view that category as helping you survive longer (ie improved mana sheild).

I'm going to spend the rest on fire, as it is the best damage in the game (atm). If ice gets buffed, I might respecialize, as ice is more mana efficient and good for grouping.

Back