Rasis Agenda

Maniacal
06-04-2003, 23:32
summary at bottom for add kids

well, i have no intention of building another cookie cutter character like galvan #1 (standard elf bow scout)... i was very pleased with saturnine (r5 aelfborn blackmask dagger scout), he was effecitve at eating up the de facto irekei blackmask dagger scouts, suchs the ones largely used by DOM...

i was even more pleased w/ galvan #2 (a reroll of the first, a con-heavy (most bw scouts are specced dex-heavy) bladeweaving blackmask scout...), who is effective at both scouting duties and solo hunting as well (one of my fav pvp things to do in sb)...

i like natanko a lot as well (r5 armor-less human templar).. and even though ive only had limited pvp experience w/ him, i already know he can work very well in a group, and has some abilites that are really fun to play with (his only gm spells are the life drains (one shot, and dot) and stam drain... and of course wings is on (not yet gm'ed but will be soon)... parry is maxxed (and goes beyond max thanks to the bonus from wings, and only cloth armor for some resists...his dmg output is on par w/ more pure tank-templars, and FW+Feint can make up for the difference between the debuffing hg templars (which are real melee machines once maxxed.... and even though there arent many of them, its still a cookie cutter imo)...

so i have two more character slots, after deleting my dagger throwing scout (which i liked, he worked ok, he just wasnt fun to play, and throwing daggers look retarded)... i know one is going to be a aracoix xbow ranger, that i already have specced out, and the other i am ready to begin...

hes going to be a fighter warlock blademaster, again w/ no armor (only warlock cloth), maxxed parry; haste buff; melee resist buff; mana based heal; health to stam conversion; invulnerbility; aoe stun+mental dmg; self con/spr buff, and of course FW + one point in feint (he actually ends up very similar to natanko, but ultimately chooses a atk speed buff versus a dmg buff)

im really confident about the build, which i have actually specced out more specifically, just dont feel like typing it all out, because i started natanko at about the same another ST member started a fighter based warlock (not specced like the one im planning, but w/ a few of the same skills), and we did a good bit of leveling together, so i got a feel for what they could do (and interesting enough, he told me he is starting a templar like mine, so go fig)

===ANYWAY===

i cant decide between aelfborn and shade for this fighterlock, specced similarly, after in game stat runes, the aelfborn has slightly more dex, con is about the same, and shade has a tad more int (however, even since int was nerfed that will only have a substantial affect on warlocky, and spell atr, but i wont be making use of most of the spells, so i should be able to manage w/o)...

shade gets hide, which ive found is really nice to have when preying on other players, even if you dont have sneak... BUT the shade also has a resistance penalty (negative holy resistance), and which worlocks get a holy resistance buff, i would have to put a handful of points into it just make up for the negative loss... (aelfs have no resist penalties, and of course, do not get hid unless they are rogues)

Vulcan
06-04-2003, 23:43
LOL...

Well I would say go for the shade... They get a few more abilites and you can always wear holy resist jewelry... Dunno though.

I have a few slots on my account as well.

At the moment I have Shazbot (irekei bow scout), Horka Thane(HG barb (secks)), Eulogy (elf fury(dunno if I will continue her or my mage assassin.), and my Mage assassin, Samir Duran.

So I guess the only contribution to this thread that I have is a question. Should I stick with the MA or the Fury? And once one is deled what should I use to fill the 2 empty slots? I was thinking of a dwarf preist or centaur druid for one ... druid looks really fun actually.

styr
06-05-2003, 07:44
mage base is useless at the moment.

with the current absence of our stunpriest, leper(who is centaur btw), it just isnt the same in our raids :ugh:

edit to mani:

i would go with shade. i hear that most warlocks end up having quite a few extra spec points, so why not GM hide? that .7 hide would be very useful for solo PvP.

Daemon
06-05-2003, 08:41
rofl Vulcan, I saw 'Horka Thane has left the guild' somewhere on noob island.. I was like WTF

Maniacal
06-05-2003, 10:24
mage base is useless at the moment.

with the current absence of our stunpriest, leper(who is centaur btw), it just isnt the same in our raids :ugh:

edit to mani:

i would go with shade. i hear that most warlocks end up having quite a few extra spec points, so why not GM hide? that .7 hide would be very useful for solo PvP.

well, thats the prob...i like it for hunting, but since this build will be a little tight on a points, unlike some other locks...im fairly confident i can just squeez it... though while i like having it, i cant decide if its really worth that squeeze =\