flight

Rancher Dan
05-13-2003, 19:49
Please oh Lord, let them put a scout in T:V that flies like the T1 scout.

I can remember roaring around Rollercoaster shooting solar panels, and zipping through the flag pavilion feeling l33t.

I can remember harassing the enemy at Raindance, pulling up up up, shoving the stick hard over, and flying, dropping, sailing down down down and having a moment or two to find a target, line up, and fire before needing to pull up again and climb again.

My proudest moment was seeing one of the enemy typing "Someone kill that fag in the scout."

How about it guys? One more time?

Kendo
05-13-2003, 22:08
I dont know, the T1 scout, although very very fun seems so outdated due to lack of freedom of movement. I think in T3 it wont be as big an issue because they are reverting back to fast style gameplay where vehicles arent nessecary like in T2. So maybe you'll find very agile scouts in T3, but you dont need them just to get to the enemy base and therefor not as many people will be whoring in them.

HiDensity
05-13-2003, 22:16
i'd like to see a scout that barrel rolled and banked...that would be quite a sight...corkscrewing jet trails = :)

the flight controls should be dumbed down though...think Freelancer type controls...

[57th]cneal
05-13-2003, 23:03
Why not bring the T2 vehicles to T3 and add more speed/armor to them

Flatscan
05-14-2003, 10:59
T2 vehicles suck. I'm super glad T:V will be deemphasizing them.

I wouldn't mind if they were eliminated entirely.

jsut
05-14-2003, 11:39
funny, i thought people didn't like them because they tended to be overpowering in base.

Vehicle balance in Classic is fine IMO, but don't we already have 35 threads about this already?

Shinigami
05-14-2003, 11:57
T1 scouts were a lot of fun...they were also kinda stupid though.

Piata
05-14-2003, 12:05
funny, i thought people didn't like them because they tended to be overpowering in base.

Vehicle balance in Classic is fine IMO, but don't we already have 35 threads about this already?

mine discing shrikes > *
:D

[57th]cneal
05-14-2003, 12:22
The features of the vehicle need to be operated by the pilot e.g. the pilot should be able to control the bombs on the bomber.

Shinigami
05-14-2003, 13:25
cneal']The features of the vehicle need to be operated by the pilot e.g. the pilot should be able to control the bombs on the bomber.

It seemed to me from the bittah.com q & a that this will be the way it is. I could be wrong though, since they weren't very specific.