T:V Client-Side Hud Customization

pigdart

Veteran X
first:
client-side-only == not on the server/exactally what it says so no server-side anything

Client-Side Hud Customization
"Customization" is what KP is talking about.
If client-side-only scripting in not included(which is what i think, but have no direct knowlege of), I cant write my own client-side-only scripts to change these things.
So Hud Customization's I would like to be included.

1) hud mover
2) skins sets (with the a transparent background set)
3) customizable transparency
4) enabling/disabling

reply_icon.gif

he's saying if we aren't going to be able to write scripts to do clientside hud customization, then it better be built into the game from the get go.

wouldn't it be cool if we could move new threads into the orginal thread as the next reply.. so we didn't have theads like this.

Unless the game allows an editor to be used to alter the style of the huds, it will never be up to snuff. People need to be able to

- move them
- change their color
- change their size
- change their entire appearance
- decide whether they should even be there

Beren said:
wouldn't it be cool if we could move new threads into the orginal thread as the next reply.. so we didn't have theads like this.

No, this is actually a good thread. This is what we all want in hud customization.

I want a speedometer in the form of a bar graph but also with a numeric display so I will know how fast my armor is traveling.

I want my reticle to change colors when an enemy enters my sensor net.

I want to be able to change the chat hud's fonts and colors for player names and differnt events. Even to the point where I can mod it like an irc script so I can have certin words always highlighted.

I want a script that waypoints the last known location of my flag or the enemy flag.

I'll think of some more stuff later.

Talking about graphcs, how about the ability to place everything from ping to team scores into a line graph. That way, you can chart your progress and analyze what's going on. Example with ping is that lets say you're playing in competition and all of the sudden you get a ping spike. Well, you can go to your chart and see exactly at what point the spike occurred and then you can bring it up with your team mates and find out if it was your connect or if the server caused the problem. Or something like that :)

Back