Just reinstalled Tribes 1

vempire
05-13-2003, 10:46
Last week I reinstalled Tribes 2 and was starting to get into it again now that it will actually run good on my box. Then last night I reinstalled Tribes 1 after being reminded in #tribalwar that it supported OpenGL. Amazingly enough I had totally forgotten that fact after so many years. Now I am almost torn. T2 has the nice, pretty graphics, but T1 just kicks ass and has far better map design as far as I'm concerned. I mean, in T2, practically every map is all vertical slopes. Well, maybe not all, but the majority. I have a pretty strong feeling that I will more than likely stick with T1 though. It just has the superior gameplay and overall feel.

Not an overly important post, but just wanted to share my joy at re-finding Tribes 1. :)

I guess it also shows that gameplay can definitely make up for a lack of pretty graphics.

Data
05-13-2003, 12:03
Tribalwar.com: We care.

Imposter
05-13-2003, 12:03
I played it again Sunday for a few minutes. I love the game but I just can't play it for more than a few minutes for some reason...and I suck now cuz I haven't played in so long.

vempire
05-13-2003, 12:32
Dat Good to see that all the dickheads haven't left the Tribes community.

Sorry I couldn't contribute something totally worthy like endless threads about naked chicks, bangme.net, or The Matrix, but I left puberty behind many years ago.

Imposter: I suck pretty bad right now too, but that just means I have to play a lot more.. :)

R@ND0M
05-14-2003, 02:18
Data; Good to see that all the dickheads haven't left the Tribes community.
:)

technically they have, Data doesn't actually play tribes