Runes

Vulcan

Contributor
Veteran XV
I don't have the game yet so I can't RTFM (fucking shipping takes forever), and the Game FAQ didn't have my question.

For runes, do you have to actively search towns for them, or get lucky if a monster drops them, or do you get sent on a quest to find the rune you want?

How do they work exactly. I see people selling commander runes for around 40 bucks on ebay. Is there a set number of runes in the world and you have to hunt down some mother fucker who has one in order to get it?

Thanks for the newb help. ;/

rune drop of mobs. thats it.

stat runes drop psuedo-randomly, and good ones can be found or bought from other players (players will often sell found runes for large amounts of money)

discipline runes drop off of specific mobs, that sit in general areas, or specific locations... disc mobs range from r3-r4 in strength.

some disciplines are more sought after than others, and as such, certain groups/guilds will make their home near the mobs native location, and camp it, then sell the runes to bring in revenue (or to horde for their own guild)...

commander is pretty sought after, its nice, but not $40 nice.

I see now. Fuck. Guess one can never avoid campers no matter what genre one turns to. ;/

Also a quick follow up question ...

On the official site (chronicle.ubi.com) there are class and race lists, but they have a bunch of background story stuff. No stats. Is there a place to get every stat I would ever want for this game. I am a pretty anal guy so I will be studying these things a lot.

the builder w/ give you an idea, but dont go on it entirely, i has a number of errors and wrong information that have yet to be fixed.

Maniacal said:
the builder w/ give you an idea, but dont go on it entirely, i has a number of errors and wrong information that have yet to be fixed.
The errors are real, yes, but it's a fairly accurate templating process.

Back