[T:V] Alien Creatures

Yaason
05-06-2003, 14:32
I would still rather use T3 than T:V but anyway...

I figured if you are going to be on alien planets, wouldnt there be alien lifeforms? I'm fairly sure they will have some in SP but what about MP?

Just think about it... Skiing down a hill, you're unable to manuver around the little critter eating some grass. You plow through it, ripping it apart, losing half your speed.

[meph]DarkDonut
05-06-2003, 14:34
this would be fun for singleplayer but just an annoyance for multi. not a "good" annoyance either, just one that would piss everyone off.

Marweas
05-06-2003, 15:55
Oddly enough, other than some references to the "Masters" from the Jake Hunter era, and a cache of weapons that were attributed to aliens on the Moon (Mars?), humanity in the Tribes Universe has never encountered sentient life. There are native flora and fauna on many planets, but they tend to make themselves scarce whenever Tribes battle. Tribes has always been a "humans deal with the consequences of their own shortsightedness" rather than a "humans deal with giant monster from outter space" (space-orcs not withstanding) kinda story.

Natural
05-06-2003, 16:10
REQ: Sigourney Weaver cameo with a jetpack and disk launcher.

Darius75
05-06-2003, 16:32
The alien weapon cache was on Mars; the Martian rebels who called themselves "Moles" discovered it while digging new tunnels to hide from the Imperial Police. I would like to see the Masters return in a future Starsiege Universe game (way after [T:V]) to wage an apocalyptic, final war against mankind.

Yaason
05-06-2003, 17:08
well its not like we are fighting monsters. but you know how in games like unreal 2 when you are walking through that swampy place, there are creatures all over, you cant harm them and they cant harm you. just like the plantlife, only they move around

Ambush_Bug[DTM]
05-06-2003, 17:34
Yeah, the other ****ed-up thing is that no one seems to have any clue who in hell made the Hyperweb Gates.

My own personal theory is that it was Plague-Dog.

"LUGGAGE DETECTED!"

Undisciplined
05-06-2003, 17:48
How about some human sized Cybrids? (Is that what Tribes Extreme was about?) They have a fair amount of potential for either playable or non-playable models.

FalseMyrmidon
05-06-2003, 18:02
well its not like we are fighting monsters. but you know how in games like unreal 2 when you are walking through that swampy place, there are creatures all over, you cant harm them and they cant harm you. just like the plantlife, only they move around
i shot one and it screamed and ran right at me, so i shot it again
then i died

Darius75
05-06-2003, 23:22
']Yeah, the other ****ed-up thing is that no one seems to have any clue who in hell made the Hyperweb Gates.

My own personal theory is that it was Plague-Dog.

"LUGGAGE DETECTED!"

The same guys who made the wormholes in Star Trek...the Sci-Fi staple known as Bizarre, Enigmatic and Ancient Alien Race That Disappeared Long Ago to Leave Only Remnants of Its Awesome Technology.

|baby|roach|
05-08-2003, 15:58
have like Alien Creatures living just outside the playable area or something. with cities ect.. :lol:

Evil Engineer
05-08-2003, 16:53
Oddly enough, other than some references to the "Masters" from the Jake Hunter era, and a cache of weapons that were attributed to aliens on the Moon (Mars?), humanity in the Tribes Universe has never encountered sentient life. There are native flora and fauna on many planets, but they tend to make themselves scarce whenever Tribes battle. Tribes has always been a "humans deal with the consequences of their own shortsightedness" rather than a "humans deal with giant monster from outter space" (space-orcs not withstanding) kinda story.

How bout some little cybrid scout bots?

<Giver-of-Will> commands it.

Beren
05-08-2003, 18:06
* Beren pictures a herd of brightly coloured sheep grazing along side the flag tower.

cyclonite
05-09-2003, 08:21
Having little creatures running around would freak me out...
seriously...I would have second thoughs about playing...
but thats just my opinion...
I want some of what Beren is on...sheep next to the flag stand...

KOS
05-09-2003, 11:31
and if you are just landing at a sharp angle on one of the sheep you could use it like a snowboard and ski around on it!

or not :p

personally i think critters would be kinda cool, just ambient little things that scurry around and dont really interfere with anything(skiing for one) and maybe on a DM map add big monsters that can actually do something (or make that a map type, "cleanse and purge" or something)

[57th]cneal
05-09-2003, 14:54
How about Domos that run around mad with sticks :domotwak:

Ceiling_Fan
05-09-2003, 15:01
How about a bunch of Greys all sitting on bleachers just outside the Out Of Bounds line. They can have Blood Eagle pennants and "Diamond Sword is Number ONE!" giant foam hands...

...it's time for my medication now.

Ambush_Bug[DTM]
05-09-2003, 15:07
Yeah, and when there's a stalemate-breaking return, they all come off the bleachers and stomp on the body of the dead carrier or something. :) Or they could throw rotten fruit!