T:V - Solid projectiles (i.e. you can blow them up)

Pages : [1] 2 3

eierye
05-04-2003, 03:36
Sorry if this has been posted before, but an interesting thought would be if they made all projectiles solid - like for example a disc is heading straight at you. If you were fast enough, you could whip out your laser rifle, and snipe it.

Or for example, the enemy fires a mortar at you (from a long way away). If you were accurate enough, you could chain or snipe the mortar, and make it explode in the air.

Just a thought.. Probably in reality it would be too complicated tho..

Sir Lucius
05-04-2003, 04:28
If my memory serves me correctly, I beleive kp or thrax (or imposter may have said kp or thrax siad, that's not important) said this current WAS in the game. They just didn't know if they were going to keep it.

Beren
05-04-2003, 07:45
Gaffer (IG Programmer) said it in IRC about a week ago; although from the way he described it happening it was not there on purpose. So i guess we will see, i certainly have no objections to that kind of thing being in the game if its done right. i.e it takes some skill or at least ability to do it, but still has some chance related to it so you can't sit there doing it all afternoon, or at least some limiting factor.

Shinigami
05-04-2003, 07:53
That would be interesting. Of course I think the more powerful a projectile is, the more it should take to blow it up.

Beren
05-04-2003, 08:01
oh aye, and then again not all projectiles would need to be able to be "blown up on route". If their was a chaingun for example, that would seem pretty stupid.

blackpeople
05-04-2003, 08:02
I dont know if I need glasses or not, but in T1, I've hit someone else's disc with mine in mid air several times. Of course it was all on accident, and luck. Has this happened to anyone else? I know you can hit hand grenades in mid air, but they wont blow up.

SSJBejiita
05-04-2003, 08:03
hmmm how about mortaring trees?

and they just die?

That would rock..

blackpeople
05-04-2003, 08:07
Ill ****ing mortar you and you'll die.

SSJBejiita
05-04-2003, 08:09
Ya im sure you bench warmer :]

:heart: val :]

blackpeople
05-04-2003, 08:12
</3 :(

SSJBejiita
05-04-2003, 09:04
ves :[

Should i reinstall t1?

jsut
05-04-2003, 09:27
you can ma missles in T2, it's just hard as hell..

Shinigami
05-04-2003, 11:09
I dont know if I need glasses or not, but in T1, I've hit someone else's disc with mine in mid air several times. Of course it was all on accident, and luck. Has this happened to anyone else? I know you can hit hand grenades in mid air, but they wont blow up.

Hitting discs in the air? I've never seen this.

Ambush_Bug[DTM]
05-04-2003, 12:01
I have. Tribemate and I were dueling, working on MAs, and our discs collided in mid-air, about twenty meters away from either of us. Surprised the hell out of us both.

Darius75
05-04-2003, 12:39
I've done a Tribes 2 disc-disc collision too. This is a good idea, especially for preventing long-range spam. Two LD could each laser a mortar and cause it to blow up midair. There should be limits, though. If someone who gets shot with a disc while holding a primed grenade, the grenade shouldn't explode.

Void|deadjawa
05-04-2003, 12:52
I'm pretty sure thats a bug if you saw it in T1. More people would have noticed by now.

Rabid Poop
05-04-2003, 12:56
a chaingun blowing up a mortar has the potential to be stupid, but maybe more than one hit with the chaingun would balance it.

-MT-Stealth
05-04-2003, 12:56
I've done a disc-disc collision too. This is a good idea, especially for preventing long-range spam. Two LD could each laser a mortar and cause it to blow up midair. There should be limits, though. If someone who gets shot with a disc while holding a primed grenade, the grenade shouldn't explode.

In that example I think it should blow up. Actually, the only weapon u need to limit would be chain.... i mean... if u can snipe/disk a fast moving projectile then more power to you.

Slash
05-04-2003, 15:26
This could even pave way for an "interceptor" turret. The sole purpose of which is to shoot down incoming projectiles.

Beren
05-04-2003, 17:38
well one would expect something like the chain to be the best weapon to attempt to do this. high velocity rounds. but it would need to take more then a single round hitting a mortar to balance it.