Lighting

[57th]cneal
05-03-2003, 22:38
I've seen some games that do what you're doing in the 21%? done map and the lighting appears to actually stick out like an orb. Anyway, I've tried in an Unreal2 map to make the light mesh an actual light element and while it dosen't look like it's glowing (might be my error) it still has a light effect without the light orb. Anyway, might suggest that you use that method for the indoor lighting and while I'm at it, how about turning off all the lights inside the base when the gens are destroyed? That way the repair person will have to feel his/her way into the base :P

Kendo
05-03-2003, 22:59
pitch black would suck. emergency lights are better.

edited this in: unless people had lights on their heads like that DJ in Blade. That would be cool.

CxD
05-03-2003, 23:11
or a flashlight on your armor like master cheif in halo :shrug:

Beren
05-04-2003, 02:13
lights going out in bases is in t2... i assume they would carry that through because its a cool effect.

SSJBejiita
05-04-2003, 08:04
lights going out in bases is in t2... i assume they would carry that through because its a cool effect.
:signed:

[57th]cneal
05-04-2003, 14:29
Except they have emergency lights. I'm talking about all the lights going out so you can't see anything unless you're close to the exit. There shouldn't really be a problem with this at all since bases in t2 were very complex and in most cases just a waste of space but in t3 I'm predicting it will be different.

Kelster
05-04-2003, 16:18
Yeah, but imagine the confusion among newbs who don't know base layouts and run around in the dark trying to find a rep pack or exit. Pubs might be a little frustrating. :o

dunce_boy
05-04-2003, 17:27
cneal'] ...since bases in t2 were very complex...

what the **** world do you live in? bases complex in T2?! Are you mad?! The bases in T2 were so ****ing simple it was sad. There was really nothing to them. Of course the game did focus on out door play, but still.

Although they were simple, some of them were confusing.

FalseMyrmidon
05-05-2003, 00:53
Yeah, but imagine the confusion among newbs who don't know base layouts and run around in the dark trying to find a rep pack or exit. Pubs might be a little frustrating. :o
runway lights along the walls like in movie theaters

FalseMyrmidon
05-05-2003, 00:54
what the **** world do you live in? bases complex in T2?! Are you mad?! The bases in T2 were so ****ing simple it was sad. There was really nothing to them. Of course the game did focus on out door play, but still.

Although they were simple, some of them were confusing.
i never did fully get the layout for the caldera base down
that was the only one i ever really got lost in

r0gue3
05-05-2003, 14:59
i never did fully get the layout for the caldera base down
that was the only one i ever really got lost in

Recalescence would be brutal.

Edit: with no lights I mean.

FalseMyrmidon
05-05-2003, 16:42
i don't remember
which one was rescelesance?

r0gue3
05-05-2003, 16:56
Lava map, has multiple entrances and the flag is deep inside the base in that big room on top of a platform.

Void|deadjawa
05-05-2003, 17:27
Emergency walkway lights like on airplanes would be cool.

Kelster
05-05-2003, 19:05
runway lights along the walls like in movie theaters
As long as there's a system in place that won't have people running through the halls with a black screen and huds, http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif.

I encourage the use of the oversize miner hat pack:
http://staff.tribalwar.com/kelster/t3miner.jpg

ZOD
05-06-2003, 01:00
Yes, I have flashlights in a couple of T2 mods. Course they don't work the way I would want them to, but they are better then running into the gawd darn walls.