[T:V] Single Player Story -- I know there's not a lot to talk about but...

Sir Lucius
05-03-2003, 02:16
Anyone get the feeling of an asian influence? That whole bit about the rival houses and **** just gets me thinking of samurai, family pride, and honor -- that kind of crap.

I'd like to hear what one of the backstory nerds have to say about all of this, b/c I havn't really seen any speak up about it. So what's the deal with the houses? I noticed a lions seal, so maybe it's more of a european knighthood thing.

Oh well, I can't say anything more really cuz I just don't know enough about that period in the tribes timeline.

Darius75
05-03-2003, 11:19
The Diamond Sword are heavily Asia-influenced. They're pretty much Zen warriors, with plenty of philosophical quotes on some of the Dynamix DM and CnH maps in T2. Also, in the backstory on tribes2.com, one of them cuts a guy open with a samurai sword. That said, the storyline is probably going to be more similar to Dune's, with the ruling dynasties of various tribes (and the Imperial family) vying for dominance over the other houses. That happens in any society where factions led by different dynasties are often at war. The backstory on tribes2.com makes a direct reference to a proper name in Dune that wouldn't make sense in any other context. I'm also excited to hear that some old tribes that weren't in T1 or T2 may be included in T:V. Once I came upon a Starsiege: Tribes strategy guide in a gaming store that had the entire storyline from Hunter/Hunted (the year 2000 A.D.) till Tribes 1. It mentioned a tribe called the Gorgon Killers that were once powerful, but fell apart after infighting and domination by the other tribes. The Blood Eagle, which had slowly become what we refer to as a tribe (they had originally been Imperial Knights sent to pacify the tribes), rose to take the Gorgon Killers' place. IG has already confirmed that this game will deal with the Blood Eagle origins, so it's a fair bet that the Gorgon Killers will be in the game.

Evil Engineer
05-03-2003, 12:14
They better put plenty of refrences to the Starsiege and Earthsieges in...mabye a couple of abandoned cybrid installations from when Prometheus scattered his children to that stars with copies of ITSELF.

perhaps brokendown HERCs could lie rusting in the battlefield as a stark reminder of the past....when the B-E where still Imp knights, the Diamond Sword where still secret envoys of the emperor. Mabye a history lesson in the opening movie could give new players some background to go on. All the way back to the days of Jake Hunter and the Devistation if need be. Show the entire damn history I say. Right up thru the earthsieges and starsiege until the end of cyberstorm 2.

I do not make sense.

snow
05-03-2003, 12:40
yeah id like to see all the info about the story come in a book w/ the game, that would rock.

Sir Lucius
05-03-2003, 13:39
comcic book -- I like comics :)

R@ND0M
05-04-2003, 02:04
lots of threads will guarantee u beta

Sir Lucius
05-04-2003, 04:24
What the **** does that mean? The only ****ing reason I post here is b/c I enjoy ****ing talking about tribes. MAybe you should just kill yourself rather than wildly speculating about bull****. I'm defensive about this b/c I don't want to look like a dicksucker in anyone's eyes -- I know that ****'s gay. What I do enjoy is talking about tribes in this forum b/c there usualy are good discussions.

Gah, **** you -- ****ing die

R@ND0M
05-04-2003, 05:09
are u drunk lucius

Zoolooman
05-04-2003, 11:43
Hey Random, why don't we discuss Tribes in the On Topic forum.

Sir Lucius
05-04-2003, 14:16
No, my bad. I was acting like a little ***** last night. Sorry.