[T3]Have it your way

Spiderman
05-01-2003, 22:41
I got this idea when I was playing deathmatch on turok 2 because sometimes you just dont want to deal with the cerebral bore.

Would it be at all possible where a script or some sort of option control can let the person controlling the server, maybe from an admin console or in something like serverpref.cs[T1] turn off certain packs or weapons. So if you make some sort of crazy weapon, pack, or vehicle that unbalances game play, a ladder could vote it out then you can just turn off the said unbalancing agent.

Plus the you shouldnt make maps that are geared toward a spoon fed strat like Archipeligo in T2.

Those are just my two cents :p btw grapple hook is a cool idea

Sir Lucius
05-01-2003, 23:26
Yes you can actually. You could do just that using mutators.

RedSpider
05-02-2003, 18:37
The thing I dont like about disabling weapons/packs is that people wont find a way around it, with tribes some people thought mine discs were cheap, or that CG was cheap, mabye a HoF was unfair.. people have adapted to all of those things and tribes is a more diverse game because of it.

TeckMan
05-02-2003, 20:38
also, making it too easy to remove annoying elements of play splits the community.

A slightly smaller side effect is it increases the skill gap between the competitive players and the pub players. Just like now only a person attending clan practice would play some of the less popular maps, only a person on a clan would get experience with laser rifles on or some such thing. It would make it harder for people to transition from pub play to competitive play and that's something I definatly DON'T want.

Darius75
05-03-2003, 00:30
If Irrational does a good job, mutators to remove certain weapons won't be necessary. Turok 2 is a slightly bad comparison because the cerebral bore is a cheap ***** weapon. T:V won't have any of those, hopefully.

Beren
05-03-2003, 10:43
Basically your suggesting a fix for a future design flaw?

Not smart policy behalf of IG if imlpemented, i can't see them really considering it; unless it was implemented so the option was disabled on servers running base.