T3 Skinning

MaxxCarnage
05-01-2003, 17:53
I really hope they keep skinning simple as they did in T2, I loved being able to find the texture, open it easily, and do what I wanted. And the whole archive thing (I was one of the first to find out how to edit sounds, ask Warwitch :p). I really hope I'll be able to use my bettered abilities in T3... :)

Sir Lucius
05-01-2003, 17:55
All they really need to do is provide a nice template with labeled sections (like Head, Left Arm, Hat, etc) and I'll be just fine with it.

MaxxCarnage
05-01-2003, 18:03
All they really need to do is provide a nice template with labeled sections (like Head, Left Arm, Hat, etc) and I'll be just fine with it.
:signed:

FSB-SPY
05-01-2003, 19:35
Drop the VL2 crap. Too much of a mess to deal with when half your skins wouldn't work due to how Windows indexed files. Go back to VOL support please.

MaxxCarnage
05-01-2003, 20:01
Drop the VL2 crap. Too much of a mess to deal with when half your skins wouldn't work due to how Windows indexed files. Go back to VOL support please.
:wave: Spy :)

FSB-SPY
05-01-2003, 20:02
:vah: :P

dunce_boy
05-01-2003, 20:52
...skinning shouldn't be so "simple and easy and ready for you".
I hate all these T2 "skinners" that think they can skin, but all they really do is take someone else's template(usally a logo-less BG skin) and recolor it, then slap it in a vl2(which usally doesnt work) and call it a new skin. give me a break.
If you wanna learn how to skin, learn from scratch. Finding where the head, body, arm, etc. on a skinmap is easy, and its something every skinner should know how to do.
The only thing I would like to see them provide is,
1) the max files(or w/e format they are doing it in)
2) original wiremap on the skinmap...
Trying to skin from someone else's skins(like in T2), makes it really hard...as most skinners go over the lines when they work. That makes it pretty difficult when trying to create your own skin map. I'd like to know where the lines are :)

Shinigami
05-01-2003, 21:01
I hate all these T2 "skinners" that think they can skin, but all they really do is take someone else's template(usally a logo-less BG skin) and recolor it, then slap it in a vl2(which usally doesnt work) and call it a new skin. give me a break.
If you wanna learn how to skin, learn from scratch. Finding where the head, body, arm, etc. on a skinmap is easy, and its something every skinner should know how to do.
Trying to skin from someone else's skins(like in T2), makes it really hard...as most skinners go over the lines when they work. That makes it pretty difficult when trying to create your own skin map. I'd like to know where the lines are :)

I'm willing to bet recoloring was way worse in t1...and it's not extremely simple to skin in t1.

MaxxCarnage
05-01-2003, 23:39
In my newbish days I did some recoloring, but I just want the files to have easy access, when I was hosted on TW, my skins were the worst on my site, but I maintained it, and I had frequent updates, now one of my recolors, I did (no filters or **** like that) was quite popular with a number of t2 folks, because it was simple, but the other guys on my site, had better stuff. Personally, I think anyone should be able to try. If they had made it more difficult, I probably wouldn't know what I know now.