Lanch Tubes

Buk Naked
04-30-2003, 17:30
Launch tubes. Yes launch tubes. If you had some larger maps, it would be like a no damage initial disk jump. Maybe 3 tubes in a base. Step on a pad and it launches you forward and skyward. Try to give a military torpedo launcher feel, not a "I'm getting on a trampoline" feel. I think it would look cool from the outside to see guys shooting out or your base. I would think the primary use would be to get a good start for HO. Second might be to put one in a flag tower and give the LD a shot at catching a capper with a head start.

To re-emphasize, I don't see this on every map, just a few of the larger, or more defensively oriented maps to give the offense a quick start on their way.

Shinigami
04-30-2003, 18:36
Instead, why don't we just add speed boosters like in renegades.

[MG]Naccah
04-30-2003, 18:49
dont forget brakes

R@ND0M
04-30-2003, 18:54
Nope.

But at the very beginning of the map, I'd like to see players spawn in a "Kit up" area, miles above the terrain, and quite a long distance out of bounds.
Each of the 2 bases (Just for match beginning, not respawns) has 5 tubes you can drop into.
The tubes will each "route" the players to different areas of the map, with each of them going underground, then coming flying out into the Mission Area at a Mach 5 speed.
Which gives the possibility of your flag being taken within 10 seconds of the match beginning (straight into the action).

It should only be used for either players who have just connected, or at the beginning of the map though.
To make the 'feature' withstand the test of time more, kind of like "Test your Might" in Mortal Kombat.
It would've gotten old much quicker had they allowed the gamers to play it at will.

Kendo
05-01-2003, 01:01
I kinda liked the way Tribes 1 did it.

No pre spawn area.

R@ND0M
05-01-2003, 01:45
I kinda liked the way Tribes 1 did it.

No pre spawn area.

the roof..?