Tribes 3 Bots

Yaason

Veteran XX
I dont know if you are going to have bot type things in the game but I got to thinking about how a bot would look and function. They wouldnt be made to fix human armor or walk like a human. That would take up too many resources and it would be harder to mass produce them.

I figure a bot is like a turret that can move aruond. You would want it light, and something on wheels so it doesnt have to walk like a human.

t3bot.gif

Everything can move around 360, including the camera in the head, for a maximum of fighting ability. The jets on the base can rotate around so the bot can manuvar ni the air easily. Weapon loadouts on the bot should be a minimum if its going to be so minimal. Maybe one or two wepaons max. You wouldnt want it trying to change weps like a jukebox would a record.

In the interview, Oadken stated that they were moving away from the Bot AI and going towards a more realistic, character AI. Or something to that effect.

is Sir Lucius joking or is he just a little bitter person?

at any rate.. i think if bots are made for t3 multiplayer, I think it would be cool for them to be at least a different model.

:chill: yaason is my internet friend
icon11.gif

EDIT: Serious locke, I take offense to that. I have total respect for yaason and I can assure I was just joking with him as I often do. Step off my grill dog.

Last edited:
:eek: that would be neat

No, like mspaint a new rendintion of the disclauncher.

Oh, and make it a cool animated gif by having lights on it that blink and cool stuff like plasma tubes that have plasma running through them.

I always like the detail on your weapon designs, so you should animate them :)

Back