[T3] Official Ladder

Pages : [1] 2

DD
04-29-2003, 19:31
I think that when T:V comes out and competition starts getting serious, there should be one major, supported ladder consisting of a large array of teams. I propose that that ladder be the Teamwarfare League (TWL). TWL is/has been an active ladder for T1/T2 and and many other games. By emphasizing on this one ladder, competition will be fierce and abundant, rather than small and scattered. I know this is very premature, but when T:V comes out, I'm looking forward to a large, active ladder that will be fun for everyone to play on. :)

Sir Lucius
04-29-2003, 19:40
No, I think we're all haeding for the ogl..

Beren
04-29-2003, 19:58
You won't ever be able to have a true central ladder. If you tried you would only kill off competion. For a start not everyone plays by the rules TWL uses, plenty of people use stricker ones, while a few others are les strict. If you made TWL stricter, then everyone currerntly on it would ***** and complain, similar to the rule setting before the world cup. If people had to use the less strict rules, there would always be the "at least we didn't do this or that". Furthermore, such a universal ladder presents the continued issue of server locations and pings. Which, needless to say, is anal problem to try and work out over large distanances. That is just 2 problems..

addps4cat
04-29-2003, 23:20
Why try to force people to go to one ladder? Teams and players will naturally go to where the competition is at. That is how TWL got to be where it is, and there aren't too many other ladders. There is "The Ladder" for euro's and the BEML league, and both of those are pretty small compared to TWL's t2 ladder.

Darius75
04-30-2003, 00:29
Barring any sudden breakdown of TWL, I estimate that T:V competition will stay focused there (since most of the T2 and T1 veteran teams are somewhat loyal to it). OGL competition will exist, but may not be as fierce.

rainbowsky
04-30-2003, 23:58
I would imagine that they are hoping T:V is much much bigger than t2 in the mainstream, and I would guess that the whole system would be too big for a smallish operation like teamwarfare. Look for some action in CAL though, they already have a system for counterstrike that supports thousands and thousands of people

Thrax Panda
05-01-2003, 03:30
I think that when T:V comes out and competition starts getting serious, there should be one major, supported ladderThe official ladder is in my garage.

Locke355
05-01-2003, 03:58
The official ladder is in my garage.

Your jokes are old, just like you old man!

Anyways.. having 1 ladder is a bad idea. It would be nice to have all the action in 1 central location, but look at both TP and OGL and what a ****fest those ladders turned out to be. Imagine being stuck on OGL with Trapper.. or tapper.. or whatever that fag was called. Further, not a month goes by that I dont see a "THIS OGL ADMIN IS LETTING CHEATERS PLAY" thread about TWL. I dont know if they are true or not, and frankly I dont care, but focusing on 1 ladder is setting yourself up to be taken advantage of.

Gauntlet
05-01-2003, 08:15
Tribal War should start it's own ladder. I mean, TW is after all the "home" of tribes on the internet anyway. It would make sense to have it run by the folks here. TWL is a great company, and they have done the tribes endevour well, but Tribes is a very small portion of the TWL user base. I am not trying to start trouble, just an idea.

Polaris
05-01-2003, 08:52
Actually, Tribes is still the largest contingent of our player base. The team count may not be as high as it is for other games, but the teams are by and large much bigger in thribes than in other games.

Our home was in tribes. We will be agressive in Tribes:V as well. I welcome the competition from other leagues because its healthy for the community. Having only one ladder leads to mediocrity and I want no part of that. Other people want to open ladders or leagues, I say "bring it". It will only force us to be better at what we do and as a result, everyone benefits.

Colosus
05-01-2003, 08:54
Tribal War should start it's own ladder. I mean, TW is after all the "home" of tribes on the internet anyway. It would make sense to have it run by the folks here. TWL is a great company, and they have done the tribes endevour well, but Tribes is a very small portion of the TWL user base. I am not trying to start trouble, just an idea.

hmmm

misfit
05-01-2003, 08:57
TWL started off as tribes who hated OGL....TW was created cuase poeple hated the forums at OGL......

TWL people are from tw....just they are nazi's

Triston
05-01-2003, 08:59
If you only knew the history...

TWL was going to be the TribalWar ladder (in fact, most of the staff originally came from the TW community), but due to differences of opinions between the upper TWL staff, and the past host of TW (GameLoft), we refused to buckle under pressure to abide by rules that didnt make any sense.

So, instead of having the TribalWar ladder, TeamWarfare was created.

That's the nickle tour, if you want more, I'll be glad to indulge later.

Colosus
05-01-2003, 09:00
TWL used to be TribalWar Ladder. Then they mutinized. The bastards.

;-)

I wonder if TW could make a successful ladder... Polaris likes competition and TWL has lots of other games anyway. Not really a tribes focus anymore.

*Edit* Triston sucks

Triston
']TWL started off as tribes who hated OGL....TW was created cuase poeple hated the forums at OGL......

TWL people are from tw....just they are nazi's
Well ya, we figure if you want to have free speech and what not, go to TribalWar forums. That's why they are there.

TWL is meant to stay somewhat on topic.

Triston
TWL used to be TribalWar Ladder. Then they mutinized. The bastards.

;-)

I wonder if TW could make a successful ladder... Polaris likes competition and TWL has lots of other games anyway. Not really a tribes focus anymore.
Sure TW can make a ladder, and I love the competition, but we work so well together, why cre8 the h8?

Colosus
05-01-2003, 09:01
I gotta go, be back around 10 am PST to continue this conversation. Be prepared to DIE.

<3

Polaris
05-01-2003, 09:09
I need my ^3 for my title :)

Void|deadjawa
05-01-2003, 10:14
Why dont they just support first TWL and make sure that all the newbies know about it?

Newbies generally will join the first ladder they see.

Multiplie ladders are fine, but just let the players know where the action is.

Locke355
05-01-2003, 14:27
Anyone else in this thread find the "bring it" attitude toward competition between ladders funny?