Thieves guild

MaD_ReBeL

Veteran XV
Ok, im having way to much fun playing a thief. So, i will be forming a Thieves guild. Probably will sub it under the new TW guild thats forming.

I want mainly thieves with some scouts (blackmask backstabbing scouts would be cool) and an assasin here and there for flavor.

My goal will not be to jack R2 and R3 parties but to harrass guild XP grounds. Lok'Ri, the desert RP homos, maybe some LOD, and any other guild that pisses me off. Guild XP groups have tons of cash on them and make great targets. Anyone interested needs to roll a thief/assasin/scout and msg me in irc or in game. Im rerolling my thief cause i want to be more uber. so tonight at about 6pm myself, slotr, and kirk will be rolling new thives if anyone wants to join us.

i already have the guild charter and all that. and if noone will let us sub, im thinking of plopping a tree down in a quiet out of the way place just a place to bind too with maybe a bank in it. if someone wants to come bane us.....fine. We will just make it a point to steal from them even more.

The Shadow Thieves will be feared the world over.

MaD_ReBeL said:
The Shadow Thieves will be feared the world over.
About fucking time. I'm rerolling with you. Shouldn't have gone Shade with my Thief. Oh well ... didn't know that "see unseen" had limitations to it.

I'll seriously consider joining. I'm a lvl40 thief in Sowers of Discord right now, but I've not been having a lot of fun lately, so maybe a change is needed.

ST is too carebear man. if you PK or steal from a rival guild sinbad will get his panties in a bunch.

Any thief/assasin i build in the future will not be a part of ST.

i think you may have missed the point of my post.

and i dunno what you are talking about st

you are allowed to pk/steal from rival guilds

in fact, ive been encouraged to do so

yes rival guilds = LoD

you know, i dont really have a problem with LoD anymore. After forming thieving parties with a few for awhile the other night they are actually pretty funny/fun people.

I cant stand Lok'ri and Free Corp are momos too, hell that whole freaking alliance needs to get jacked from repeatedly. the faggit desert irekeis too.

If you did jack raids on "allies" of ST youll get kicked. The problem is, everyone but LoD are ST allies. Where is the fun in that?

I dont know. Maybe im just getting sick of the seemingly endless flood of morons joining ST. Or maybe i just feel like being a dick and stealing/jacking for all the lame guilds :shrug:

back on topic, we still need some scouts in the guild. Their job will be to find/unstealth enemy scouts and to find/unstealth enemy assasins/thieves

as far as i know

we are allowed to jack lod, ambers, hiv, and a few other smalls one (actually, we were supposed to stop w/ hiv, but hiv is still pk'ing low levels around khar, so some of us are still doing, and with no trouble at this point)

non rivals/non allies are free game

i still have lots of problems w/ LoD, becuase my two lower levels have been pked by LoD high level chars a total 6 times in the last 7 days

plus, i like the big raids, and gm events

:shrug:

btw, everyone ive seen from free corps has been really cool, and specifically nice, so i dont know what you are talking about them being momos...

well after that [strike]siege[/strike] debacle the other night where lok'ri lost like 15-20 trebs all while doing NOTHING to LOD's walls made me lose respect for them and their whole 'alliance' (read everyone against LOD). I was at that raid for probaly close to 2 hours. During that time i saw very few people actively trying to protect the trebs. I saw ST tanks yelling to other guilds tanks to taunt the pets off. I guess they were to busy watching their casters trade nukes with LOD to care or something. Seems to me so far ST is the most organized during fights and even then its a cluster fuck.

i dont know, im just getting sick of these massive alliances. Its not fun to me. I want to go around and cause migranes for these guilds. Leveling over n over gets boring, i would rather someone else do the work and ill PK them and take all their loot :p.

Leveling over n over gets boring, i would rather someone else do the work and ill PK them and take all their loot .

you cant steal xp...

and btw, i might join you

for the sole reason that you might have a cool name, and a guild crest that isnt butt ugly... "silent tribe" is a kind of cool name, but i dont care for SoD, and both of their crests are :razz:

otherwise ill stay cozy on st island

Last edited:
Having a slow time of it leveling my tank cuz of work, but my next toon's gonna be a stealther.. what kind does the Shadow Thieves need again? Gimme some template ideas, all I know is tanks right now so let me know what's needed and I'll shoot for it.

I was thinking a Shade assassin, but if there's a dearth of assassins or whatnot I can go for something else. What's a good layout for a backstabbing scout? Heheh. What weapon should I go for, dagger or sword? Was gonna get some bow skillz too, but I want uber stealth/antistealth capabilities.

avoid sticking too close to a template

make a char for yourself

also, there is not much point in making a shade assassin, as an assassin you will get hid, and witch sight is useless, you can get it w/ an item if you still want it though...

and since you are unsure as to what you will with it, i would suggest irekei for your assassin (though i dont like irekei myself), that plus 10 to dagger skill may give a few extra points to experiment with

well we have 4 thieves now. Myself, my brother (error) slotr and kirky. mani is somewhat interested and he is a scout. lostduck aka tubgirl is a thief. i suppose we need some assasins now.

there are a few templates for assasin. mage/assasin and rouge assasin.

i dont know about mage assasins but eeryone seems to think they are ownij :shrug: IMO you ahve to completely forgo your melee abilities in order to really own. In which case you would pump yout INT SPI and con and not so much your dex (mage damage shield and cloak of shadows would be your defense really). but a suppose the quick strike ability of a properly specced mage assasin would be nasty. maybe throw in an irekei blood prophet into the mix if thats possible.

as for melee assasins i have some experience. steal breath is deffinetely your friend and IMO skip dagger mastery all together in favor of shadow daggers (get some from colossa). silence and blindness are also your friend. shadow bolt is like a friggin machine gun and has a decent stun attached with it.

Yeah, I hear ya Manical, but since the guides give you the math, I will try my best to work with the figures amap.

So, you guys think I should go with an Irekei? That gonna be OK with all the elfies on the mainland? I don't wanna be stuck on the sand island until i can find the STs [on Death of course]. As long as whomever is in the STs don't give me grief for RP purposes that sounds coo wif me. A funny aside, I would love to do a centaur Rogue but the info is conflicting as to whether they can be one... can they? Pain in the ass for armor and whatnot, but as a thief I won't get much anyway.

Ah! Assassin is needed eh? Cool, I can do that. I would go for Rogue/Assassin cuz I don't really wanna get into the spellcastering until I have had exp as a R4+ character for awhile, learn what the big time is like.. spellcasting is a huge departure from what I normally do in games, so I would wanna do it right. Maybe I can even moonlight as a bard too? I hae the strat guide and they have some really cool chants... get into spellcasting after all?

Let me know what you all think, this toon will pretty much be custom ordered for the Shadow Thieves exclusively. :bigthumb:

Last edited:
also let me clarify something. this is not an 'instead of' guild. if all goes well with the new TW guild i will gladly sub the shadow thieves under it. the TW guild is having a little difficulty getting off the ground right now...but i think we will be ok.

this guild will be a "hey guys log your thieves/assasins/scouts and lets go have some fun" guild.

At first we may need to have no crest at all. since subbing this guild will cause a lot of drama. and let me reitterate. this will not be some pussy carebear thing. i want to seriously cause problems for ALL the guilds. I want to wreak havok on the kings camps, i want to won lok'ris farmers, i want to make the irekei role players curse at us out of character in english they are so mad. muahahahhaha i want some fucking hit squad teamspeak coordinated 10x backstabs on a r5 barb type of thing. lets have some fun with this hehe.

oh, we need lots of travellers, so lets all try and get traveller rune. i know, its spendy :(.

i also dont expect to have tons of members. maybe 20 total. again, this wont be a huge guild or anything. just a roaming jack squad. i want people to run in fear the second they see us on their trackers.

Back